Chapter 96

He went back to work. I hated every single part of it too. He didn't even change positions or anything. He went right back into doing what he had been and being the captain and I cried when he left. I literally bawled my eyes out as soon as he left the house. I didn't want him to leave at all. I was so scared that he was going to get hurt. I called sawyer after I calmed down and his phone rang for a little while before he answered.

"Hey." He asked.

"Hey." I sighed.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Trev going back to work is scaring me. I'm genuinely worried about him." I said.

"I'm making him take it easy for the next few weeks. He doesn't know that he's sitting in the office and doing paperwork yet. Don't worry, he's going to be just fine." He said.

"I'm just scared, Sawyer. I love him so much and I don't want anything to happen to him. I begged him to not go back because I'm scared of something happens again he won't come back from it. Please talk to him. Talk some sense into him. I can't lose him with a baby on the way and Kenz." I said.

"I know, trust me. I'll talk to him, Bailey. He's been texting me every day since it happened and I think it made him have a different view on everything. It's like he's having a mid-life crisis at 33." He sighed and I pinched the bridge of my nose. He was right. He was completely right. Trev wasn't listening to me or anyone around him. I didn't really understand his sense of it either. I knew he loved me, I knew he listened to me, but he didn't take what I had to say and do anything. He just listened and then ignored it.

"I don't know, sawyer. Please talk to him. I feel like he's more open to you sometimes." I sighed.

"I'll talk to him-he's walking into the office now. I gotta go." He said.

"Okay. Thank you. See ya." I said.

"See ya." He said and I heard Trev say hi to him and he hung up. I sighed and rubbed my temples before tossing my phone down on my bed. I was going to be stressed until he came home.

* * *

Trev was two hours late being home and I literally was on the verge of tears. When I heard him come in I ran downstairs and he looked up at me.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"Work." He said and I narrowed my eyes.

"You were two hours late." I said.

"I'm fine." He said.

"That's not fine. Why were you two hours late? I told sawyer to talk to you. He knew not to keep you any longer than you were supposed to." I said.

"That's why he was on my ass today?" He asked .

"Don't be a dick." I said.

"I don't need you to tell me what to do. I know what I'm doing at my job and if I want to do my job I'm going to do it." He said.

"I don't need to tell you what to do?" I asked.

"No. You don't. At all." He said.

"Are you high or drunk?" I asked and the corner of his lips pursed up into a smile and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Trevor." I warned.

"I had a few drinks. That's it-"

"A few drinks? What did you drink? How many is a few? Because a few to you is 8 or 9 for me." I said.