Chapter 14

Trevor left my house when his wife came back home. I told my brother to not say anything after he had time to calm down and he told me he wouldn't, thank god. I was back to being lonely though and Trevor was back to work completely then so he didn't have time to stop over at all. I basically only saw him at work and we could barely talk because I was teaching and he had to leave directly after to start his actual shift. It sucked and I missed him.

I was doing a lesson with the kids and there was a knock at my door. I looked over in the middle of a sentence and it was Trevor and my boss. I motioned them in but they shook their heads and motioned me out. I looked back to my class and back to them and I sighed.

"Okay. Start your assignments. I'll be back in." I said and I walked out the room and propped the door open some so I could still hear what was going on and Trevor smiled weakly at me.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said and my boss smiled weakly.

"Sorry to take you out of your class-just wanted to tell you your student tanner gray will not be coming in." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Everything's fine." He said and I nodded and Trevor looked annoyed that he had to be there. Which I didn't blame him, he didn't have to follow our boss like a dog at all times.

"Okay, well thank you for letting me know." I said and he nodded and walked away. I looked up at Trevor and narrowed my eyes.

"What the fuck?" I mouthed and he rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"He's fucking weird." He said and I nodded.

"Can you stop by tonight? I know you're working I just-"

"Bailey, I can't. You know I can't. I have shit going on tonight at the station and court after here for a ticket I gave someone. It's a mess." He said.

"Okay-im sorry. It was stupid to ask." I sighed and he shook his head.

"It's fine. I just can't." He said and I nodded.

"Okay-I just need to get back to my class-" he cut me off by kissing me. In the middle of the hallway, he kissed me. I felt like a teenager showing PDA in high school again.

"Trevor, we're going to get caught-"

"Then let us get caught." He mumbled against my lips and I heard giggling in the classroom. We pulled away from each other and looked up at the door to see some kids staring outside the window of the door and I sighed.

"Everyone back to their desks-thanks Trev. Thanks." I mumbled.

"Bailey-"

"I'll see you." I mumbled and walked back into my room. I slammed the door behind me and the kids were still giggling.

"Enough, okay?" I warned.

"Is Officer Prescott your boyfriend?" A boy teased and I shook my head.

"No. Enough." I warned and I looked to Mackenzie who looked upset. It broke my heart.

"We're getting back to our lesson, okay? Let's go." I said and I grabbed the book I was basing it off of and went back into the lesson. I couldn't believe he did that. I really couldn't and it pissed me off more than anything.

* * *

"What in the hell was that?" I asked as I caught him in the parking lot before he left.

"I have to go to work-"

"Shut up, Trevor. You can take two seconds to explain to me why you fucking kissed me when you knew that the kids were in the room. I could get fired-we could get fired. Who in the hell do you think you are? Do not do that-" he cut me off by kissing me again and I went to pull away but he pinned me against his cop SUV.