Chapter 150

Trev took off work, and I went to work. I was teaching and Jason came in while I was passing out worksheets for the kids to do. He smiled at me and he motioned me outside in the hall to talk to him. I sighed and walked out with him after making sure the kids didn't have any questions and he cleared his throat.

"Trev is in the main office with Dakota. He said he's been crying all day and needs to see you. I'll look over the class." He said and my eyes softened and I lightly jogged down the hallway. I got to the main office and trev was standing there trying to get Dak to calm down as he cried and I went to them and kissed daks cheek.

"It's okay. I'm here. You're okay." I said softly and he sniffled stopped crying. Trev looked exhausted and I knew I did too.

"I'm sorry. He just wouldn't stop crying and I didn't know what to do and it's been every five seconds." He said and I shook my head.

"It's fine. I just don't know why he's been crying. Dak, mommy and daddy love you so much. We aren't leaving you or going anywhere I promise. We just have to work, okay?" I asked him and he nodded.

"What's wrong then sweetheart?" I asked and he reached for me and trev sighed and handed him to me carefully. He nuzzled into my neck and held me tightly and trev sighed.

"Mommy has to work, Dakkers. We can't stay here all day. Let's go home and watch TV." Trev said and he wouldn't let go of me.

"Dak." Trev sighed.

"Just let him stay here for a little. My class is occupied with a worksheet. It's fine." I said as I rested my head against Daks and trev nodded.

"I don't know what's wrong." He sighed.

"We can talk about it later. He may not be able to talk, but he still understands us." I said quietly and trev nodded. I handed him back to him after a good ten minutes and he nuzzled into trevs neck.

"Okay. Are you okay to go home with daddy? I'll be home in a few hours. That's it I promise. Don't worry." I said to him and he nodded.

"I love you both. Be careful on your way home and text me when you get there. Dak, Mommy will be home soon. Don't worry." I said and trev kissed me and I kissed Dak too after.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Trev said.

"Love you, mommy." Dak said as he waved goodbye and I stopped from walking out of the office and so did Trev.

"Did he just talk?" I asked.

"Did you talk?" Trev asked him and Dak looked up at us with a confused look.

"Say it again. Say I love you mommy!" Trev said and Dak grinned. He didn't say anything at all, but his smile said it all and him saying something meant the world. The absolute world. I was so happy he said it and he said it to me. I just wished he would have kept talking. I missed his little voice.

* * *

I got home after the full day and I took my shoes off and dropped my keys on the table before being greeted by cooper, and Dak running toward me.

"Mommy!" He said excitedly and my jaw dropped as I knelt down in front of him and kissed him and hugged him tightly.

"Daddy! Mommy's home!" He said and trev chuckled and nodded.

"Finally. We were missing her like crazy, weren't we?" He asked him and he nodded. I picked him up and kissed Trev and he smiled against my lips.

"He's been talking since I got back after visiting you. I'm so proud of him. He's doing so good today." He said and I looked down at Dak.

"Do you want daddy to take us to get ice cream?" I asked and he nodded and his eyes lit up.

"I think that's a yes." I chuckled and trev nodded.

"I'll get you ice cream." He said and he put his hand on my stomach.

"How's she doing?" He asked and I cocked an eyebrow and looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"We're having a girl. I was looking it up and it says if you're craving sweets and everything that you've been craving it's usually a girl. I can tell it's going to be." He said and I chuckled.

"I've been craving literally everything. Ice cream was just an idea for Dak." I said and he kissed me.

"Okay." He said and I rolled my eyes playfully at him and he grabbed his keys.

"Come on. Let's get ice cream, momma." He said.

"Right now?" I asked.

"We're going out for dinner, too." He added and I chuckled and nodded.

"Okay. Thank you." I said.

"No problem, sweetheart. I'm so happy everything's getting better." He said.

"Me too."