* * *

Thankfully all the tests came back Okay other than the fact he was definitely going to need time to be retaught to speak.

They let us go home, and as soon as we got there we just laid down with Dak and held him in our bed. He was so tired and so were we. He fell asleep nuzzled into trevs neck and trev looked up at me as he slept.

"We've screwed up a lot in our relationship, but he's the best thing that ever happened to us, and I'm sure our second will be too." He said and I nodded.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"I know you're sorry. You said it about 35 times now. I'm over it because I always get over the stupid shit you do. No matter what we do we're always going back to each other, so I'm accepting it for what it was and praying it never happens again." He said and I shook my head.

"It won't. I promise it won't." I said.

"Okay. Just don't break that promise with me. Every promise we make, it always ends up being broken and I'm tired of it." He said and I intertwined my legs with his.

"I won't." I said softly and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I hope we have a girl." He said.

"Me too." I smiled weakly and he kissed my forehead. Dak woke up from Trev moving and I felt bad. I knew he did too.

"I'm sorry, bud. Don't worry. You can go back to sleep." Trev said and Dak looked at me.

"M-" he tried to talk but he didn't really know what to do and it broke my heart.

"Mommy?" Trev asked and he pointed up to me while talking to him.

"You can say it. Say mommy." He said slower for him to understand and Dak looked up at me and nodded. I chuckled and trev smiled and kissed him.

"You know mommy and daddy love you so much. It'll be okay." Trev said and Dak wrapped his arm around him and trev and I held him tightly. He was the best kid ever and he didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve it at all. I just wanted to hear him talk and giggle but he just seemed confused and scared. He knew who we were and he loved us, but he was scared because he forgot how to talk.

* * *

We got up and ate dinner while Dak was resting. We made him dinner too but knew he wouldn't wake up to eat until breakfast which was fine. We didn't want to overwhelm him.

We were eating and finally just talking. About everything. From me cheating on him, to Dak and the baby on the way.

"When did you find out you were pregnant?" He asked.

"The day before our anniversary. I wanted to tell you when I got back from the girls night but I didn't know it was going to turn out like that." I said.

"I can't believe you got arrested." He said.

"I can't either." I said and he shook his head at me.

"Do you have handcuffs?" I asked him and he cocked an eyebrow at me.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you have handcuffs?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"It kind of turned me on being in handcuffs. You should put me in them a few times for role play." I said and his face got red and he chuckled.

"Why are you embarrassed? I'm the one asking." I said and he looked down at his plate and shrugged.

"Trev." I chuckled.