135

Attarah stretched in the bed, groaning slightly as she did so and placing a hand on her stomach, she was now feeling the effects of a hybrid pregnancy in full force, they were almost fully grown now and had caused her a broken rib the day before which forced them to put her on bed rest, much to her own displeasure. Attarah gasped in shock as she saw someone in the room, in the corner stood Caius looking through the new door to the bedroom beyond which was still void of decoration. 

"Aro told me the baby names" he stated as he turned to look at her, his eyes looking sad and guilt written all over his face as he made his way to sit by her side, watching as she pulled herself to sit. Tori who had been lounging on the bed, hopped off at her movements and padded away to the lounge area where he moved to sit beside Vanessa who was watching the Television. Attarah now had twenty four hour guards, there were three to protect now, no longer just her. "I do not deserve to have one of these marvelous creations named after me" he stated lowly as he looked down at his hands, looking very much the schoolboy in detention. 

"Oh Caius, my love" she sighed and took his face in her hand, caressing gently as he leant into her touch, sighing. He had missed her presence so greatly and he had known it was only a matter of time before he could no longer stand the pain and was drawn to her. She rested her head against his forehead softly. "You have every right."

"I am so sorry Atty Baby" he whispered and she smiled tightly at him. 

"Don't be" she stated and he frowned, going to protest "If you put yourself in danger, I would react much the same way, I am certain"

"That doesn't justify my actions" he responded as he twisted his face to kiss her forehead gently. 

"Caius, please. Let us put this passed us? I do not want to fight anymore, never again" she whispered "We are soon to be a family and you will have to put up with us for centuries to come" she giggled and he chuckled along. 

"If you say so Love"

"I do" she winked and took his hand, placing it on her stomach so he could feel the movement of one of their children. She was certain that one was way bigger than the other but she did not say anything on the subject, the others had the same assumption. 

"It is.." he gasped, lost for words. 

"Absolutely incredible" she returned, them both with tears in their eyes as they kissed each other gently.

_________________

"We are so utterly sorry my Dear, the business is urgent though Alec assures us our children will not come for at least one more week and Carlisle shall be arriving here shortly to join us." Aro promised as tears dribbled down the pregnant woman's cheeks, she was lay leant against Caius who stroked her arms gently in a soothing fashion. 

"Must you truly leave now?" she wondered in frustration, in the past week she had had more and more broken bones as a result of her babies and her stomach was littered with deep purple bruising, she was barely able to walk now and wished for the pain to be over though she persevered with strength, for her beloved children who lived within her.

"The Romanians are persistent my Angel, but we shall abolish them this time, once and for all" Caius informed her, pressing a kiss to her neck gently. The kings had spent the past few weeks at her side, tending to her every need and giving her love like never before, Caius spending his time painting the baby rooms in a mix of golds and creams, gender neutral with wardrobes of white and yellow clothing. Marcus spent his time reading to her whilst Aro had had a keyboard brought to her chambers to play to her throughout her time. They were being exceptional to her. 

Since returning from being abused by Sulpicia and Athenodora, Attarah had spent her time with the kings, whether they were angry or otherwise, they never spent more than a few days apart and now they were set to leave her in a time she needed them the most. 

"We will return shortly my Sweet, you will hardly have time to notice us gone" Marcus promised, the guilt was clear in their eyes, the three of them clearly having beaten themselves up over having to leave her at a time like this but duty called and they had a determination in their eyes that this was going to be a successful trip. 

"You better, please stay safe" she stated, still weeping in Caius' arms from the pain and overactive emotions she felt consume her. She could not wait for what she had planned, she was going to visit Isle Atty with her three mates, two children and the Cullens to kick start her immortal life and excitement overtook her every cell despite the fear and pain. She knew that this childbirth was the beginning of her life with her mates and although she was not yet at the age they had desired her to be, they were all ready for her immortality. 

"Oh course my sweet, I love you" Marcus promised and kissed her forehead gently. She meant everything to them and they everything to her.