56

Attarah wondered through the door of the island villa and headed straight for the stairs, a night of dancing in the streets with the other volturis had truly tired her out. Though many of them still remained their, basking in the joy of being away from the Kings and free to act how they pleased. Jane had brought her home, presumably with the plan to return to the streets when she was safely in the confinement of the house.

She walked up the stairs in the darkness, too tired to fumble for a light switch and entered her bedroom, flopping down on the freshly made sheets and falling asleep, her shoes still on and her body lying across the bed, her legs hanging off.

-

The dawn broke along the horizon, filling the sky with oranges and yellows and Attarah woke up, her eyes slightly peeling back, she opened them fully to find herself tucked under the covers, she was cuddled up in the warmth, her shoes off. When she finally came to her senses, she realised that she hadn't fallen asleep like that.

She groaned when she noticed that the King's must've moved her, she wanted to just have her time without their interference, they'd angered her massively. She wanted freedom. She'd never had it before. She missed the feel of being alone. Wondering put of bed, she headed to the bathroom with a fresh set of clothes. A scowl on her face.

When she finally exited the bathroom once more, she was dressed in a long sleeved white top with parts cut out of the sleeves, white shorts with multi coloured leaves and a thick brown belt. On her feet she slipped on brown shoes and rammed a white hat on her dark curls before walking out of the room. She knew it was the end of their holiday now and I made her quite sad.

"Attarah" she turned and saw the three King's following her

"Attarah" she turned and saw the three King's following her. After a second to ponder she raised her eyebrow and turned away.

"no" she walked off.

"This is our job Attarah!" Caius demanded, he felt as though he hadn't seen her in months and his heart ached with longing.

"It's your job to kill my sister?"

"it's our job to enforce the rules Attarah! And you know that. You signed up for this"

"I signed up for nothing, I was brought here by you and all I have done this entire time is blindly follow what you've told me to do. I never signed up for anything, I never agreed to slaughter my own family. So don't you dare make it out like I did. It hurts that you didn't tell me what you planned to do. Especially when you knew how much it affected me."

"Attarah please" Marcus took a much softer approach.

"please what? What could you possibly say to make this better?" she whispered but they clearly heard.

"please don't be mad at us for being the creatures that we are. This is our nature."

"i know. And I guess I'm going to have to accept that, but I'm not ready, not yet. I would like to go home today, I've had enough of this island."she forced out and they nodded. They recognised that they'd made progress and it lightened their hearts yet she was still a million miles away from trusting them, specially Aro. But he knew.

"Mistress Attarah" Miranda called from the kitchen behind her and the human instantly followed the voice, leaving the King's to dwell in their own excitement.