96

Chapter 96 - Skating

Attarah smiled slightly to herself, perfectly content

Attarah smiled slightly to herself, perfectly content. She was currently sat opposite Caius in his art gallery at his beautiful oak table that had been cleared of all drawings. The pair of them were painting the carts, carriages and tracks of a beautiful wooden train. Attarah was still working on her first whilst Caius was on his second. She worried that hers could not compare to the beauty of his and she watched his gentle brush strokes anxiously.

"Calm down gorgeous" Caius was now looking her in the eyes and she cast her own gaze downwards awkwardly, choosing to glance at the wooden train instead. Caius pushed his chair back and opened his arms to her. She instantly made her way to him, instinctively and straddled his lap. Caius' hands snaked around her waist and linked his fingers together.

Putting her hands up toward his face, she cupped his cheeks before gasping and giggling as green paint smudged onto his cheek. She tried to wipe it off but ended up laughing louder as the patch got larger.

"You are so gorgeous, Darling" he looked at her fascinated, not entirely minding the green paint. He looked her in the eyes and she smiled back at him. His fingers stroked the hair out of her eyes. She put her hands on the back of his neck and pulled him closer, kissing him passionately. Her fingers tangled in his hair and she momentarily forgot the green paint.

"I love you" she moaned against him, it was muffled against his lips and she smiled gently. Suddenly, a knock sounded on the door and Caius leant back with a groan whilst Attarah giggled. "Who is it?" she questioned and she turned in Caius' lap.

"It's Jane" a sweet voice returned and Caius rolled his eyes. "Marcus wants to see you."

"I will see you later" Attarah whispered to Caius and pressed a warm kiss on his lips before standing up and beginning to leave. She giggled at his messy hair and green splattered face. He just winked.

"Where are we going Marcus?" she giggled at him but he remained silent

"Where are we going Marcus?" she giggled at him but he remained silent. She had left her room and be swept up by Jane and forced into warm clothes, including a scarf, hat and gloves before being sent to the garage where Marcus waited. He leant against the car casually and they were now driving.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." he winked and she giggled at him. She still did not particularly enjoy surprises.

"How are you?" she randomly questioned and he looked at her from the corner of his eye with a smile.

"I am good thank you darling" he returned and she smiled.

"Good" she giggled and linked her hand with his, tracing her fingers along the veins on the back of his hand and relishing in the cool of his flesh. Shortly after, they reached their destination and Marcus was at her door in an instant, pulling it open and allowing her to step out.

"My lady" he winked and she giggled as she took it and stepped out, she linked her gloved hands with his and beamed.

"I love you" she stated before taking the time to look around, they were in what appeared to be a forest clearing however in the centre was a beautifully crystal ice skating ring, she had widened eyes as she stared at it. The rink had a white wall all the way around and strings of coloured fairy lights.

"What... Is this?" she questioned, clearly knowing what it was but still questioning. To the side of the rink was a line of benches and shoe racks along with a tent that had a what appeared to be a bar inside. That was the only thing that seemed temporary.

" This is the ice skating rink. The Volturi may not usually celebrate Christmas but they certainly love winter... And showing off. So here we have the Volturi Ice rink" he chuckled and she stared up at him. "I thought that you may want to try it" he grinned and she widened her eyes once more. She felt as though they were fit to pop out of her face.

"I love you" she giggled excitedly, an almost squeal and she jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck in a warm embrace. "You're my everything" she stated with sincerity and he beamed. Happy that she was happy.

"Let's go" he stated and pulled her toward the benches, gently pushing her down and smiling at her as he presented a gorgeous pair of white skates from no where with a beam.

"I'm going to fall" she giggled as she took off her shoes and replaced them with skates. They felt quite uncomfortable but she was extremely excited. She watched with fascination as Marcus put some on and stood as though they were nothing to worry about, as though they were merely shoes. She knew she'd fall over. When she was younger in forks, they sometimes had an ice rink that Charlie would take her too and she fell down every time without fail, even when she had a plastic penguin to hold her up. She was inwardly glad that the rink was empty.

"Hold my hand darling" he smiled and they linked hands as they walked across the rubber mat on the floor to the ice. Marcus stepped on instantly though his mate was hesitant. He smiled reassuringly at her and she put her feet on the ice. To begin with, she was okay. Whilst he glided along, she pushed one leg at a time in an incredibly awkward fashion. It was when she finally allowed herself to flow, the trouble began.

Attarah grabbed the railing as well as Marcus' hand and her feet moved faster than her body so she almost toppled backward, Marcus was quick to grab her, catching her as she went to fall. She looked up at him and giggled.

"You're so good at this" she pouted and he laughed out as he took her around the waist and began to go around the rink, her skates slid along and she could not possibly fall.

"I love you" he whispered into her hair and she grinned.

"I love you more"