116

Attarah opened her eyes and groaned instantly as light flickered across her eyelids, it was too bright and her hand covered her face in pain as it stabbed her eyeballs. She was shocked to find that her hand was bandaged and as she looked over her body, it was revealed that she was covered in bandages and strips of gauze. It was a horror to her to see the amounts of bloodied scars across her body. Gauze bandaged her neck and upper shoulders to cover all the bite marks, her ribs had somehow been reset, two fractured though none broken. The girls wrist was bandaged and also her leg where the awful twisted term had been carved. Other than that and some scratches and bruises. She was okay. 

"Ah, you are awake"  a voice spoke and she looked over in shock to find the gorgeous Carlisle Cullen smiling gently at her, dressed casually but looking incredibly relieved. 

"Carlisle?" her dry throat croaked out and he was at her side in an instant, handing her a glass of water which she gulped eagerly. The man smiled softly as she turned to him with teary eyes to hug him. She flinched slightly as she did so as pain coursed through her from all locations. "What are-" she began and he spoke.

"Alice had a vision that something bad had happened to you so we all came here as quickly as we possibly could. I have patched you up the best I can and thankfully you are going to be okay" he smiled softly "Bella was the one to find you"

"Thank you Carlisle. You did not have to go out of your way to come and find me" she stated as tears leaked down her bruised face. 

"I haven't allowed them to come in here very much. They were each only given a brief time to see you. The kings have been going frantic without you" the good doctor of Forks chuckled as he took a seat on the edge of the bed. Attarah closed her eyes, just imagining the panic the kings must have been in. She hoped nobody got harmed as a result of his fury though she couldn't be certain. "We have sent them out to feed but if it is okay with you, Your sister and the others cannot wait to speak to you" he smiled and he agreed happily.

"That's perfect, you can send them in" she smiled though it pained her cheek to do so as the cut stretched, she frowned at this and the doctor sent her a pitiful glance. He knew that it was going to scar but hoped that she would not be too upset about it. Carlisle arranged the sheets around her so her legs could not be seen considering where she had a bandage wrapped around one, she was wearing only shorts. Bella burst into the room minutes after she was allowed and the others hovered by the door. 

"Atty!" Bella hugged her and Attarah flinched slightly. "Sorry" Bella stated sadly. 

"No it's okay... Thank you, for finding me. I didn't think that anyone was going to" she smiled "I know this isn't really the visit to Volterra you were planning on but I hope the Kings have been welcoming... they can be difficult" she giggled. 

"They've been amazing Attarah. They gave us rooms to stay in and welcomed us as friends. Truth be told we have not seen much of them. They said they had business to attend to" Esme informed as she patted the young brunettes hand. 

"Yes, that does happen" she sighed as she looked at all the others.

"What happened Atty?" Rosalie wondered as they crowded around her bedside.

"The kings went to Romania... I stayed behind and I thought I saw someone in the garden so I made my way outside to see who it was. I was bored and curious. Someone grabbed me from behind and I fell unconscious after they injected me with something." she frowned "When I woke up they told me who they were and what they wanted... they made me suffer for what I had done" 

"What had you done?" Jasper wondered.

"I stole their lives. Before me they lived here and had perfect lives... I ruined that" she sighed sadly and looked down at her hands as the others frowned.

"That Is not something that you did wrong At, they were your mates. You were destined to be together" Alice persuaded and the gorgeous brunette with the marred face frowned. Things would be different now. She knew that. Her mates would be worried and they would refuse to leave her side. She was surprised that they weren't here now as a matter of fact. 

"How long are you staying?" the girl wondered, she wanted them to stay forever. It felt right having them there, she couldn't help but wish to see Charlie along with them. 

"A few more days" Esme stated with a sad smile "Two or three. We have to get home soon though as Renesmee is with Jacob and Charlie. We cant be gone for too long."

"You will visit again? soon? for a proper visit?" she wondered and got eager nods in return that filled her heart with joy. Throughout all of the torture and pain the two ex wives had inflicted, the bit that hurt the most was the words they stated, the jabs they sent. They had managed to make her so weak. They made her feel so unwanted and she didn't know how she was ever going to rebuild her walls again after that. She had lost trust and she wanted nothing more than for life to get back to normal.