❄|«35»|❄

unedited

ARO WALKED SWIFTLY THROUGH THE TREES. The ground was frosty though snow neglected to cover the land in the winter wonderland the guards expected. It was cold and chilly for the human body though light shone down and brightly as seen in Italy, in fact it was not that different from the boot shaped European country but they were aware that a few sights were beauty to behold.

"I was expecting snow" Felix whispered over loudly to the posse and everyone frowned on his direction. Aro had taken the lead with the three circling around him. In his arms, the frail form of Attarah could be seen holding onto Aro for dear life as she slept, she quaked like a leaf in a gale from the cold and the group were travelling at immense speed through Iceland.

"I think you're thinking of Greenland" Alec corrected with an eye roll and Felix frowned, after so many years he was still yet to understand geography.

"So Iceland is green and Greenland is icy?" He questioned for confirmation and the other two guards nodded. "Snazzy" he smirked as they eventually reached their desired destination.

Before them within the thick forestation, a large structure sprouted from the earth, climbing a nearby hillside and dwarfing them as they glanced upwards. It was crafted from the finest woods, trees encircling the build which rose high above their canopy. Glass panes decorated the extravagant wooden mansion though as the guards and king scrutinized the mansion for any flaw, they couldn't help but notice it's lack of extravagance and appeal held for them to it.

Together the group entered the building, Aro artfully dodging to avoid smashing his mates head in with the mahogany door frame. The guards seemingly disappeared into air and Aro glared at the place they had  been, noting minutely the fact that they had not been dismissed. He soon set his future Queen down on a large couch that stretched across the 'sitting room' the room was one of many which were similar. They all held familiar warmth that couldn't not be placed, they were small, overly decorated and filled with candles and furs along with a dominant fireplace. It was dark red in places, warm browns and creams in others. Though Aro had a mundane opinion of the decorations, he somehow knew that the girl in his arms would adore it.

Aro quickly dispersed, heading to take the suitcases into the room next door. The house had been split into sectors, each making up a network of rooms that would usually each be rented individually but Aro had purchased the entire mansion for the month, even striking up a future deal. The apartment Aro and Attarah were staying in was on the bottom floor, it was the largest of the twelve apartments and had many rooms but the grand bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and sitting room were all attached to one another through small tunnels, the door shaped oddly in Aro's opinions and the ceilings low but open to reveal the beams, some only a foot or two above the kings head in some locations.

Attarah rolled over, stirring but remaining partially unresponsive. She snuggled deeper into the warmth below her. The woodsy smell and thick, long, soft fur between her fingers soothed her, reminding her of her Wolf friends. At the thought, she startled, thinking for a split second that she had returned to her home in Forks.

She was confused for a long period of time, struck by the foreign surroundings that she somehow seemed familiar with. The crackling of the fire and the wood piled beside it forced her brain to spin in circles thinking about a certain Chief who she missed more than anything. She attempted to force the thoughts away but at the same time she didn't want to, they were welcoming memories that proved to her she could never forget her beloved father.

A voice broke her from her trance "Attarah, you're awake" she whipped around to see Aro and her face fell, not because she was unhappy to see him bit because for a brief moment she thought she was about to see her father once more. She often wondered what they had told her father for him to allow her to go, she hoped it was a big lie to disguise the truth but sue also almost wished they'd told him the truth. She always resented hiding things from him.

"Attarah?" He asked again and she looked up at him through her eyelashes, scrutinizing his outfit change. He stood tall as usual, his cloak was gone along with his suit jacket and tie. He stood in a crisp white shirt the collar opened a bit, the sleeves rolled up to just below is elbows. His black dress shoes and trousers were still in place but he looked more relaxed as his inky hair bled around the white of the shirt, splayed along his back in perfect locks.

"Where are we?"

A•N- sorry for the lack of updates recently, there's been many birthdays in my family and I have exams soon,  I'll try to update shortly, thank you so much for reading. Feel free to drop a like and a comment, both are appreciated. Thank you once more. •S. Xxx