131

"Darling, you have to get up, you have another dress fitting in twenty minutes" a voice spoke to her and she peeled her eyes open, confused to find that she had been sleeping a lot recently, she presumed that it was just jet lag, but with each day that passed, she found the possibility less and less likely, of course she did not show this concern to any of her mates or allow Aro into her mind to see it, she thought she was just being incredibly silly. 

"Okay" she sighed, opening her eyes to find Aro dressed perfectly in a suit as he always seemed to be, she smiled weakly at him and dragged her body to sit, looking at the man in front of her. 

"Are you okay my love? You do not look so well" he informed, eyes lighting with concern as he placed a hand on her cheek softly, eyes assessing her face. What he said was true, since the past day her skin had paled despite the tan she had acquired, her eyes looked tired and her cheeks had hollowed slightly. 

"I am okay Aro" she promised, pecking his lips lightly. 

"Are you certain?" he wondered "I can stay out of court and stay with you?" he wondered though his crimson eyes showed a worry that assured her he did not want to do this, no matter what he offered. 

"No, it is okay, I promise." she smiled softly at him and he nodded, kissing her forehead before leaving, she flopped down onto the bed for a minute before dragging herself up and toward the bathroom where she got herself dressed for the day in sluggish movements. When she looked in the mirror, she could not help but agree with Aro, she looked absolutely terrible, her hair had dulled and her cheeks paled, hollowed. She had deep bags beneath her eyes and looked distraught. Running a hand through her now brushed hair, she felt a wave of nausea overtake her. Clattering beside the toilet yet again, she hacked her lungs up, tears spilling down her cheeks. 

"Atty?" a knock sounded on the door and she recognized the voice of Jane coming through the wood. Dragging herself to stand, she flushed the toilet and washed her hand and splashed water on her face, after finally brushing her teeth, she exited to find Jane sitting comfortably upon the sofa. The blonde snapped her gaze up to her friend and her eyes widened in slight worry. "Time for your appointment." 

"Okay" she sighed and followed the guard from the room, said guard glanced at her every few seconds in worry as they walked the halls but Attarah did her best to ignore it as they entered the large dressing room to find Louie her designer waiting, today he was alone. 

"Just one ball gown today Ma'am" he nodded at her and held up a dark emerald dress, she nodded. Throughout her time in Volterra she had been fitted for many dresses, all of which hung in her wardrobe still and she found them all unnecessary. 

"Thank you Louie" she smiled as Jane went to sit on one of the plush couches. The designer shot her a look of concern as they entered the dressing room and he ordered to strip into her underwear, she did so and he pulled the dress over her body, Attarah sighed and began to fiddle with her engagement ring which seemed looser than before, she presumed it was because she was now used to wearing it. 

"Oh" the man gasped and Attarah was instantly alert.

"What?" she inquired. 

"Oh, do not worry, your body is just not the same size as the last time we measured you." he shrugged as though it meant nothing.

"The last time... Louie that was the size of my wedding dress, I only wore it two weeks ago. Are you sure this dress is the same size?"

"Positive ma'am" he nodded, attempting to pull the dress closed again, it was not to be.

"Well how much have I changed?" she asked, confused as to why her wedding ring was looser but her body was bigger.

"Two inches Ma'am."

"T-two inches? How is that possible? There must be some mistake" Attarah shook her head, feeling panic bubble inside her, surely she had not gained two inches in two weeks? She assured herself that it could happen but when she thought about all else that was happening to her, she could not help but panic. 

"It is okay Mrs Volturi, I shall alter the dress" he assured as she slowly redressed and exited the bathroom with her face somehow paler than before. Jane was at her side in an instant, hands on the girls cheeks. Attarah relaxed as she felt the cool on her flustered face.

"Jane, I need you to take me somewhere... please, but you mustn't tell the Kings."

"Atty" the blonde attempted to protest.

"Please Jane, I am asking you this as a friend" she stated, her voice low and the blonde finally relented after pressing her eyes closed tightly, she nodded with a grim smile. "Thank you Louie" Attarah nodded at him with a sickly expression and the two left the room, quickly finding their way to the garage and sliding into one of the hundreds of cars.

"Where are we going Atty?"

"I need to see my doctor" she stated, she had gotten a human doctor a long time ago when she had first arrived at the Volturi castle and was stupid enough to lie down in the garden whilst it snowed, it was a chilly day but now Attarah felt somehow colder than she had then.

"You don't think you are..." Jane trailed off.

"I am nearly certain Jane"