🍉|«³¹»|🍉

Attarah woke up in confusion for a few long moments. She had little idea where she was and she stretched like a feline and rolled over. Staring at the plain white ceiling. She finally realised where she was. She currently lay in her allotted volturi bedroom that had little to no decoration. As she assessed the room, her frown increased at the personification of her previous life. Plain and simple.

Attarah found that she wore her outfit from the previous day, her shoes were still intact and she was in entire confusion. Why had she not changed? Why was she in her room rather than one of her mates? When had she even fallen asleep. It seemed as though she had merely been dumped in the room.

Walking toward the wardrobe, she opened it to find nothing except a single hanger with a dress hung. What was happening? She remembered the room to have much much more within it. Also within the closet sat a velvety cloak similar to the ones her mates wore. The inside was however gold rather than red. She was shocked to say the least that the dress within was short, in fact it was the opposite of her usual attire. Dressing in the heels and dress alone, she gave off a twenties aura.

She was glad beyond anything when Miranda entered the room. Attarah sat in silence as her handmaid plaited her hair. Though she was bubbling with queries, they were to be spoken to the kings only.

Finally, she was completely dressed and she walked out of the room and down the corridor

Finally, she was completely dressed and she walked out of the room and down the corridor. It did not take her long but she suddenly realized why Miranda had been so shocked to see her awake. The sun was only merely rising and she figured that that was the reasoning behind her mates absence.

Attarah made her way to her mates bedrooms and searched all three but still failed to find her mates. Eventually she gave up and sat on Aro's bed, discarding the cloak to her side as she picked up the fabric in her hands, running it through her fingers.

She was not sure how long she lay there but she eventually lay back and splayed her arms like a star above her head. She was so utterly confused. Finally she stood and realised that it must have been at least lunch time, if not later.

Walking along the corridors, she was confused until she bumped into Felix who sighed in relief upon seeing her. "There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere. Nobody knew where you were" he gasped and hugged her tightly. She squeaked at the soreness of her ribs and he dropped her instantly. "I am so sorry"

"I'm fine" she promised and allowed Felix to guide her through the castle. "Where is everyone? Why did I wake up fully dressed in my room? I don't even remember falling asleep? What's this dress?"

"Calm little one. The kings had some urgent outside business to attend to and left us in charge of you. Miranda was nor here and you had fallen asleep before the kings left in Aro's throne. We did not know what to do and Jane gifted you the dress and cloak. The kings arrived in the morning and were shocked and angry at our treatment of you...they have been searching for you since"

She did not comment, she still wasn't entirely sure what had occurred but she gathered that the guards had not treated her up to the kings standards and they weren't entirely happy about it.

"How angry are they?"

"Very, they wanted us to make sure you ate and to take great care of you. Instead we dumped you in your old room with a secondhand dress. Even Miranda has gotten into trouble and she wasn't here." Felix sighed.

"I'm sorry, I don't want anyone to get in trouble. I can look after myself" she informed him as she hurried to match his pace in the heels. She had grown used to wearing heels over the course of her three months in Volterra but her brief break had set had back slightly.

"That's not the issue here Attarah, the problem is that you are the future vampire queen and we have a job to protect you and give you the best of everything. You may be human but you have the same ranking and authority as the kings and we have to treat you as such." The muscular vampire frowned and they finally entered the throne room.

Guards stood all around and she edged toward the dias in slight fear, they stood in formal rows watching Aro who was standing. She made her way over to the kings but none of them looked at her. She knew they were angry but it wasn't at her so why were they avoiding her gaze.  She placed her hand on the arm of Marcus' throne and he placed a reassuring hand atop hers.

She glanced over at Caius and he nodded in a calming manner before suddenly hell broke lose and Aro began to fume at his guards in Italian. She knew at that moment that she would have to learn Italian but she saw from Aro's expression that his icy cold words were not as calm as they seemed.

"Attarah" Caius took her hand as he suddenly appeared beside her and wrapped his free arm around her waist, edging her toward the door and out if the room with Marcus in tow. They finally made their way back up to Caius' room and she collapsed onto the bed in shock.