77

Chapter 77 - Baking and costume making

Attarah stood in the giant stone kitchen of the castle beside Miranda, sat at the marble countertop were Chloe and Vanessa who were watching the humans intently

Attarah stood in the giant stone kitchen of the castle beside Miranda, sat at the marble countertop were Chloe and Vanessa who were watching the humans intently. The girls were attempting to make cookies. Atty clearly remembered the days spent baking in the kitchen at home and the happiness in her fathers eyes when he'd walk through the door to the scent of freshly baked cookies. It saddened her that she no longer had anyone to bake for, to provide for. She only had people to provide for her.

Attarah was beginning to get overheated from the cooking and pulled off her knitted jumper, slightly regretting her outfit choice. She wore baggy blue ripped jeans, a knitted red turtle neck jumper and light brown boots that matched the light brown at she was currently not wearing.

"I used to cook all the time" Attarah informed the other human who smiled

"I used to cook all the time" Attarah informed the other human who smiled. "It is nice to do it again. I feel as though ours will not be of the same standard as Gino's though." She giggled.

"We shall try our best" Miranda smirked.

"So Miranda, how are you and George?" Chloe queried as she leant forward slightly, watching Attarah put balls of batter on a greased tray.

"Good" the handmaid blushed and looked down, her whole tanned face becoming as fiery as a tomato.

"Miranda...? " Attarah drew out suspiciously.

"Fine" the girl finally sighed out. ".... He proposed" she whispered and the all stared at her in shock.

"What?!" they all released "Why are you waiting until now to tell us?" Vanessa practically screamed out.

"we wanted to keep it small and simple." she blushed once more "and we worried people would think it's too soon" she shied away.

"Miranda, you have been with him for months and the pair of you are mates. It's different from a normal relationship, when you know, you know and that will be forever. There's no point in time wasting" Attarah informed and the two vampires looked at her before exchanging glances at her heartfelt words. "I'm so happy for you" the human stated and hugged her best friend. The girl was practically her older sister.

"Wait until the others find out. They won't be able to help themselves from throwing a massive engagement party" Chloe squealed and Miranda groaned, that was exactly what she wanted to avoid. It had only been a few days since the last castle party.

"Do you have an engagement ring?" Attarah changed the subject. Miranda pulled a beautiful silver diamond ring from her pocket and showed them all. They all gapes as she slid it into place on her respectful finger. "Wow Miranda"

"We want to do the wedding soon because... Well... Um... I plan on joining him... As a vampire."she stuttered out and they stared at her in shock once again." When we are vampires, we have eternity to marry again and have a big wedding but right now. This is what I want"she hushed and they all stared at her.

"Miranda, that is beautiful. Please let Heidi and Chelsea help you. You want your last big event as a human to be memorable" Vanessa stated with nostalgia in her eyes. Miranda eventually gave in with a sigh and they all grinned at her and Attarah turned and put the cookies in the oven.

Just then, a seemingly furious Jane burst through the doors. "Attarah! What are you doing?! We're late to meet Antonio" she fumed and grabbed her friends hand, speeding away.

"I am so sorry Janey, I completely forgot what time it was" Attarah pleaded and Jane smiled with an eye roll.

"Fine, i forgive you. Now let's go" Jane pushed Attarah into a room where a skinny man was standing in a purple waistcoat. Attarah was supposed to be getting three dresses fitted. It irked her that people kept ordering her dresses but she stood with her arms out and allowed the dressmaker to do his job. "Don't look so disappointed Attarah, the dresses are gorgeous and completely worth it" her friend promised but Attarah continued to stare at her blankly and her measurements were taken for the thousandth time. She was certain they clearly knew her sizes by now.

"Beautiful form 'Tarah, beautiful" Antonio blew her a kiss and a wink as he pulled a dress up her body and began to cut off extra fabric.

"Thanks Tony." she sighed out and the human man beamed.

Attarah lay in her bed sleepily, as much as she enjoyed spending time doing things, it made her sleepy now as she'd lazed around for so long

Attarah lay in her bed sleepily, as much as she enjoyed spending time doing things, it made her sleepy now as she'd lazed around for so long. She currently lay fully clothed on top of her duvet, attempting to take a nap. So when the door opened, she let out a loud groan.

"nooo" she mumbled out, not bothering to open her eyes. She could sense from the burst of electricity that flew through her that it was the kings.

"Attarah dear" Aro spoke and Atty merely pulled one of the pillows into her arms, cuddling into it.

"Darling" Marcus tried.

"ughhhh" the brunette groaned once more and Caius chuckled, pulling on the corner of the pillow, she growled lowly and threw it at him, opening her eyes and frowning cutely.

"ughhhh" Caius mocked playfully before laughing and laying beside her. She quickly snuggled into him. "Why hello there" he laughed and she smiled happily.

"What's gotten you so tired gorgeous?" Marcus queried as he sat on her other side, she rolled over to look at him.

"Life" she sighed and rested her head on his chest, closing her eyes.

"Oh princess. Sleep now love" Caius cooed and stroked her hair as she began to drift off again.