67

Attarah walked toward the big wooden doors of the castle from the outside world. She had spent the afternoon beneath the luscious shade of the orange and brown trees, leaves fluttering around her and crunching underfoot but she had began to get cold and eventually relented to returning to the somewhat warmer castle.

The eighteen year old girl was truly relishing in the autumn / winter spirit and had dressed accordingly. She currently stood in an oversized browny orange jumper, ripped jeans, grey heeled boots and a round brown hat, her hair in two French plaits.

Since returning from her adventures with Caius, she had dressed how she pleased in comfortable outfits, taking a break from the fully stocked dress closet to wear warmer things and as though noticing how happy she had become by doing so, Aro did n...

Since returning from her adventures with Caius, she had dressed how she pleased in comfortable outfits, taking a break from the fully stocked dress closet to wear warmer things and as though noticing how happy she had become by doing so, Aro did not complain.

Though little did Aro know, it was not just her new found individuality that was causing happiness within her. For the past few weeks since Halloween, Attarah had only spent two nights in her perfectly decorated and extravagant room with all the tech and a fully stocked wardrobe. Each night, she snuck across the hall and snuggled up into bed with Caius. He was become evermore precious to her in such a short time and she did not know such a thing was possible.

They had not partook in many sexual escapes with one another but it was unneeded, just the feel of their flesh against one another's was enough to calm them and cocoon them in a bliss.

Unfortunately, Attarah was currently acting rather childish, she knew this and felt foolish for what she had done but was too stubborn to apologise. Caius had reluctantly brought up the proposal that she continued to build relationships with his brothers which she took as him becoming bored of her. She could not understand why else he'd be wishing to spend less time with her. It was not within his interest in her mind.

However, Caius knew that the relationships could not be allowed to become so greatly imbalanced, though multiple mates was very rare, it wasn't unheard of. The Kings had witnessed people become completely torn through having two mates, ripping themselves apart to be with both and they feared that Attarah would cause herself real mental damage if she continued to create imbalance. But not only that, Caius did not want Attarah to grow bored of him. She was created to live a life with three mates not one. And this could be detrimental on a single relationship. Attarah failed to understand the phenomenon.

"Attarah" she twisted around and saw Jane walking up behind her, drowned in a black cloak that made her appear like a walking shadow. "The masters request your presence in the throne room"

"Of course they do" Attarah sighed and Jane giggled. The pair had grown even closer recently, to the delight of them both. The Halloween party was enough to cause this although Attarah found it incredibly drab. The guards all merely congregated in the throne room, danced to ancient tunes, danced unknown steps and practically overwhelmed themselves by glugging down gallons of liquor laced blood. Unfortunately, being the party police, the Kings didn't let so much as a drop of alcohol touch her lips. So spending time with Jane had become her source of entertainment.

"Come along Tara" Jane smiled brighter and linked arms with the girl. Suddenly they found themselves in a torrent of moving air and blurred colour as Jane zoomed along the corridors at incredible speeds, Attarahs feet off the ground. "Here we are" the female twin gestured her forward.

"You're not coming in too?" the brunette questioned.

"there's no need, I am aware what they have to tell you" she smirked and vanished. With an irritated grunt, Attarah entered the throne room and stood before the King. The four of them were the only ones in the room and they stood in silence for a pregnant pause before Attarah crossed her arms and shifted her weight. She artfully avoided eye contact with Caius and attempted to do so with the other Kings, busying her attention with scrutinising the contours of the walls that she knew so well.

"Attarah love" Aro began, hoping for her to look at him, she did so, avoiding his gaze. She was still being petty and irritated with Caius and felt the need to feel the same towards the others. No doubt they had ordered the slowing of Caius' relationship with herself. When she woke up in Caius' bed in the morning, he was gone and thus was the first time she'd seen him all day.

"Yes?" was her reply.

"we called you here because we needed to tell you that tonight we embark on a slight journey. We have two covens to visit, they are not far away but we shall be gone for a few days. Maybe even a week" Aro seemed concerned and scrutinised her reaction. Though she hadn't truly decided what reaction to have.

"... I gather from your expression, that you're leaving me here."

"Do not say it like that my love." Aro gently ordered and appeared in front of her. His hand stroked her right cheek and she instantly felt a longing for him, to be held by him that she didn't have before. Her brow folded in a frown and clearly reading her thoughts, Aros head tilted to the left slightly. Attarah instantly stepped away. She had not noticed a deep painful longing building in her chest for Aro until he touched her and broke the dam. She was sure she felt the same need for Marcus. However with their short departure, she was soon to feel an evermore painful need for them.

"how else am I to say it? A week is a long time to be apart." she attempted to explain.

"I am sorry Attarah, but we have no choice in the matter. We must do our duty but we cannot allow you to come to harm within our world." Marcus educated.

"A week will soon pass Tara" Caius spoke and for the first time she looked at him and saw the love in his eyes as she did so.

"You are not at all upset that we shall be separated?" this instantly aroused a reaction as they denied the fact and complained until she blinked and they died down.

"We are very upset darling. But this is our job. One day it will be yours. Please do not fret my darling. We have eternity to spend with one another." Caius promised.