133

Attarah lay in her bed, feeling utterly terrible and looking somehow even worse than she felt, she was dressed in stretchy leggings and a huge t-shirt that clearly belonged to one of the kings but she was too tired and ill to pay much attention to whose. Her right hand absentmindedly stroked through Tori's warm fur, the dog had been the only one to come and visit her all night as she sobbed and as the puppy curled up with her, it did not leave. 

"Darling" she heard a voice and looked over to find Aro enter, sitting on the other side of the puppy and looking down at his wife with a worried expression. "I am sorry I left you, it was just a lot to take in and I needed time to think... it was a horrible thought to think that we were going to lose you" he stated before suddenly beginning to dry sob into his hands, his silver wedding ring glittering slightly. 

"Aro" she stated, her voice broken and stressed. "I am scared too. I don't want to die. Your reactions destroyed me, you clearly do not want this, I was scared too, I wasn't particularly pleased at the idea that I was going to die but this is my only chance to have children with you. They are a part of me now" she stated, tears dribbling down her cheeks "I can't do this on my own"

"Oh Darling" he sighed and leant across, placing a kiss to her forehead softly "You do not know how thrilled I was to realise that you could have a hybrid child. When I first saw Renesmee it gave me hope but then I realised that I could not do that to you, I could not hurt you in that way and risk your life. I have always wanted kids" he sighed again "But here we are, and this is happening and the more I think about it, the more I assure myself it will be okay, that we are ahead of this, we have beaten this thing and we know what to do. Alec is a trained doctor you know, years of boredom gave him time along with his amazing self control and Carlisle told us all what we must do... I think we can do this. Carlisle said he would come here for when you give birth, it will be okay" Aro informed her, eyes dancing with hope at each word he said. 

"It will be okay Aro" she smiled tightly, one hand on the sleeping dog and the other on her stomach. 

"I am so sorry that I was not here last night when you needed us Darling, I will never forgive myself for that and I am sorry, but I am here now... if you will accept me into this.. into their lives."

"You are my husband Aro, I love you so so much, you mean the world to me. You could probably do anything and I would find a way to forgive you. Besides, you are one of their Daddy's" she smiled and looked down at her bump that was growing more and more now that she realised it was there. 

Aro leant across and placed his hand on her stomach, smiling gently before kissing her forehead and then her lips.

"Alec and Vanessa are outside, they want to help" the raven haired king stated and she smiled as she nodded, she wondered if she had forgiven him to quickly but realised she did not care, she needed him and if Caius walked through the door right in that moment, she would forgive him too without even having a second thought.

"First things first" Alec clapped his hands as he entered the room, making his way over to her whilst his girlfriend rolled her eyes playfully, a polystyrene cup in hand. "You are going to have to drink this, start things off before it is too late" he informed and the ginger handed her the cup that sloshed slightly as she held it.

"It will be good for you my love" Aro promised and she nodded nervously as she brought it to her lips, drinking slowly and finding that the contents was blood. Her brain screamed at her to spit it out, the throw up and then bleach her mouth for good measure but her body was aching for it, urging her to drink more as she felt better and better with each passing second, her hair gaining light, colour and her skin becoming the beautiful tan colour it once was. "I am going to speak to Marcus" Aro stated, kissing her forehead. He had secretly made it his mission to get the other two kings to come around, starting with the easiest. "I will be back soon"

Walking toward the door, he edged around Miranda awkwardly who came barrelling in with a grin, hugging her friend and proving that she was instantly accepting of the pregnancy. 

"Now lets do something else" Vanessa clapped whilst her boyfriend rolled his eyes, they helped Attarah to stand and they all made their way over to the sofa, sitting together with duvets and blankets to watch a movie.

"See, it is not all bad" Miranda nudged her with a smile and for the first time Attarah figured that she was going to be okay, they were not in the dark like Bella had been, they knew what was going to happen and they were an army of vampires made up of people trained in all professions. They would be okay, or so the human hoped.