105

Chapter 105 - Only human

After a steaming hot shower, Caius dressed himself in a fresh new suit coupled with polished cufflinks and shiny shoes

After a steaming hot shower, Caius dressed himself in a fresh new suit coupled with polished cufflinks and shiny shoes. He was preparing himself for a trial and his hair fell perfectly. He felt awful for leaving his lover as she was still incredibly unwell but he found he had no choice and he made his way quickly down the cold corridors.

Attarah heaved once more over the on suit toilet, she was still in agony and shocked that she had managed to throw up so much when she hadn't even eaten

Attarah heaved once more over the on suit toilet, she was still in agony and shocked that she had managed to throw up so much when she hadn't even eaten. She was worried that the sickness would still be upon her during Christmas. The kings had been very attentive over the past two days of her illness but even they had things to be getting on with. The brunette vowed to speak to Caius about the ball at some point. But now was not the time.

She was currently lying on the cold bathroom floor, perhaps it was unhygienic, but she did not care. As long as it made her feel better it was good enough for her. When the kings were with her, they'd peel her from the floor and assist her back to the bed but she did not concern herself with such things as she'd soon be back to where she was now.

Attarah felt disgusting and decided to risk a quite shower, she turned the water to ice cold and she was boiling hot and let it wash over her. It was soothing and she was soon finished and she dressed herself in a fresh pair of pyjamas. The brunette even had time to brush her teeth though she worried the whole time she'd throw up on herself. It was horrendous but she was glad as it seemed to be getting better.

Feeling fresh and clean, the gorgeous brunette headed out and over to her bed again. She needed to change the sheets, they hadn't been done in a while and she wanted to feel clean. So in a split second decision, she stripped the bed and headed out of the room and downstairs, all the way to the room beside the kitchen which was the laundry room. She passed the throne room in the process, hearing a scream which she chose to ignore. When in the laundry room she found a few women and men pottering around. It was a giant room with many hanging sheets and other things. They instantly turned on arrival and bowed at her.

"Oh no. Don't do that" she stated awkwardly and they smiled on return.

"What can we do for you ma'am?" one dark skinned women inquired.

"Please call me Attarah." the future queen smiled. "I was just wondering if I could have some fresh sheets?"

"Of course Madam" another female beamed and Attarah gave up correcting their formality.

"Would you like someone to come and change them for you?"

"oh no, I can do it" she promised, wanting to get back to bed as quickly as possible as her bones ached. She passed the old sheets to the lady and was given a fresh pile of linen. "Thank you everybody." she stated and marched back across the castle to her room. She was sure the only reason she wasn't fat from all the luscious food was because of the exercise she received from the many many stairs.

Back in her room, Attarah began the process of remaking her bed. She was even given new covers for the many many cushions. She had finished the sheet and was halfway through struggling with the duvet cover when she dropped it all on the floor to run to the bathroom, the door slammed behind her and she threw her guts up. So much for getting better.

"Attarah?" the soft voice of Marcus came through the doorway and tears spilt down her cheeks. The king entered the bathroom as she finished cleaning up herself and brushing her teeth once more. The brunette man came over to her and took her gently in his arms, softly stroking her arm and letting her calm down. "Are you okay gorgeous?" he queried in worry.

"I'm okay" she returned and composed herself before heading back to the bedroom where she found the other two Kings. She made her way to the duvet on the floor and plopped down on the bed with it in her lap so she could do up to buttons. Soon she had finished and was putting covers on pillows. Marcus was quick to join in and help her and took over making the bed.

Aro took the brunette females hand softly and guided her into bed, ticking her in gently and crouching at her side, stroking her hair ever so gently and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "Sleep now my love" he hushed and she closed her eyes, letting the exhaustion wash over to her. The kings took seats in the sitting room portion of her bedroom and continued their work of answering letters from there.