110

Chapter 110 - Blood and gore 

Attarah made her way down the carpeted stairwell from her bedroom to the next floor, the castle was beginning to look miserable once more as the previous evening, the large extents of Christmas decorations were removed from all the rooms and sent ...

Attarah made her way down the carpeted stairwell from her bedroom to the next floor, the castle was beginning to look miserable once more as the previous evening, the large extents of Christmas decorations were removed from all the rooms and sent away in crates to storage until next December. 

The kings were currently in the throne room with the other guards, Attarah presumed they were just having a meeting or working or whatever it was exactly that they did in there. She wasn't sure. She felt lonely so was very glad that she now had her little puppy to play with. A lot of the time Tori merely ran circles around her as she walked or barked happily at her but the company was welcomed. 

The pair were currently walking down corridors, Attarah was throwing his little red ball and he was running to grab it and bring it back. She knew that it was probably wrong for her to be playing such a game in doors but it was hammering it down outside and she wanted something to do. The corridors were so long and wide that she doubted anyone would particularly mind.

The brunette human threw the ball in one particular dark corridor and Tori chased after it but stopped at a door and began to bark at it, the door was slightly open and Attarah frowned and made her way to follow the puppy. On the way she collected the ball and stood beside the puppy, peeping through the gap she saw the throne room and realized that it must be one of the side doors, the castle had far too many sneaky hidden doors.

What she saw within confused her, from her angle she could not see the Kings podium but she could see a large gathering of what appeared to be tourists, many of them spoke in different languages and chatted excitedly as they took pictures of the castle interior with their phones, amongst them were even some children. Attarah did not understand, and later she would be angered with herself for being so dumb and missing the blatantly obvious truth as Aro began to greet them formally.

All of a sudden, the cheery excited atmosphere shifted and screams erupted as blood began to run, all around the room guards lunged like angered serpents at the shocked humans, each of which had a mask of pure terror painted on their face as blood curdling screams rang out.