71

Chapter 71-Tissues and medicine

Day 5

Attarah coughed loudly and then groaned. She had a fever and was lying on her bed feeling freezing cold whilst sweating buckets, each time she coughed she felt sure that her organs would just flop out of her body and her sneezes were so violent she practically had whiplash.

"Well Hello there little miss sunshine" Miranda smirked as she walked through the door with some medicine. The girls had been doing all they could to abolish the cold in time for the kings return. Attarah had strictly forbidden anyone from telling the kings that she was ill.

"This is the worst week ever. The week was already terrible and now its even worse!" she practically screamed in annoyance before groaning from the effort. Thankfully the illness seemed to be diminishing already, it was ridiculous how fast it was clearing up but the homemade human remedies from the kitchen and cleaning staff seemed effective. The day before she was awfully ill but not she coughed and sneezed every once in a while but overall felt better, just achey and exhausted.

"Those kitchen staff work miracles" Miranda noted as she scrutinised her friend who looked a million times better, she was no longer a sickly green colour. She was still pale but the improvement was definitely noticeable.

"Why won't they come home already?" She groaned and Miranda smiled softly, understanding her pain. Fortunately for her, Mirandas vampire mate hadn't gone with them due to being so new and Attarah noticed her friend wasn't as attentive as usual, clearly desperate to leave.

" You can go Miranda, I'm going to sleep any way" she smirked and that exactly what she did.

For the next too days, Attarah relaxed and slept, watching all the movies on the shelf in her room and ready nearly half a book before getting bored and tossing it onto the bedside cabinet and so when she finally woke up and found that it was the 7th day, she was beyond ecstatic. And she certainly had plans to welcome them home with her newfound good health.

 And she certainly had plans to welcome them home with her newfound good health

Attarah made her way to the throne room with a smile. She was prepared and twenty minutes early, knowing they'd arrive very soon. She had dressed to the nines and was the queen the kings deserved. She'd bathed in a beautiful lilac soap bubble bath and Miranda had plastered in makeup to create a seemingly effortless stunning look  Attarahs hair was pulled up into a curled updo, each curl carefully places and a red jeweled tiara sat amongst her hair.

Flowing from her shoulders down her body was a stunning red silk dress, tight at the top with faux rose petals on the sweetheart neckline and sheer three quarter length sleeves. The long train of the gown was also plastered I faux roses. A split ran up one side, revealing her porcelain leg and showed her feet which were covered in expensive heeled shoes, they were red silk with an intricate golden heel.

Attarah had missed the dresses, as irritating as they were at times, they made her feel as though she belonged in the wondrous castle amongst the three wealthiest men she'd ever known who ruled over their species

Eventually she reached the desolate throne room, it was dark except the light infiltrating through the domed window in the roof  putting almost a spotlight on the thrones atop the podium. Attarah naturally glided toward the throne on the left, owned by none other than Caius Volturi but as she pondered she trailed her fingers along the central throne and chose to take a seat. She sat with her knees together though pointing off at an angle in a somewhat relaxed position, the dress pooling around her ankles.

In that exact moment, the doors of the throne room opened and she could hear chatter as the guards began to enter  many of them smirking when they noticed her or grinning which she occasionally returned with a wink. They quickly dispersed from the room which was the central hub of the building.

Eventually the kings entered, deep in discussion, seeming to be furiously arguing in Italian. They did not notice her for a moment until Marcus looked up and saw her, he stared with wide eyes which caught the attention of his brother who followed his gaze to their stunning mate who smiled almost shyly, she had had such confidence but now felt timid.

"Welcome home" she began. "I missed you."

The three men continued to stare in a daze as she stood and walk forward to meet them, seeing their gaped mouths gave her a slight smirk and more confidence.