111

Chapter 111-Have to go 

Attarah opened her eyes and nearly fell off the bed in shock as she found the three kings looking down at her, seemingly waiting. The brunette human said nothing, only sat and waited expectantly with a raised eyebrow and a curious countenance. Aro was the first to speak, as usual.

"Hello my darling. Good morning" He stated and again she said nothing, knowing that there must have been a purpose behind their rude awakening. "We came to say goodbye" he concluded and Attarah sighed sadly, remembering that today they were leaving to go to visit the Romanians. At first, Attarah was annoyed by them leaving but soon realized that if they did not go to Romania, the Romanian coven would come to them and she would be locked away until they left. 

"Please stay safe" she stated as she finally made a move to sit up, the Kings all stepped back to allow her to do so. 

"Of course we will" Marcus informed as she got out of the bed, shivering at the sudden change in temperature. She wrapped her arms around his waist, she felt that they always left to visit the Romanians. 

"I am going to be so bored without you all" Attarah pouted, they were even taking with them her favorite guards such as the newly official Felix and Demetri, Vanessa, Alec, Jane, Heidi and Chelsea. 

"We are only going for a few days darling and will be back as soon as physically possible" Caius stated as he wrapped his arms around his mate, enjoying that he could easily feel the contours of her body beneath her silk pajamas. "Besides, we shall miss you crazily as well" he pecked her gently on the forehead. 

"What time are you leaving?" the human innocently inquired. 

"As soon as possible actually, most of the guards are already waiting to go" Aro replied sheepishly and looked down as she looked at him with wide eyes, she had hoped that she'd have the opportunity to spend some time with them, even if it was only an hour, before they left. Unfortunately that was not to be the case. 

"We love you sweetheart and we will be back as soon as physically possible" Marcus informed her and she kissed him gently, pushing back the images she had seen of him a few days prior. She had been working hard to forget what she had seen though it was incredibly hard, much more so than she initially thought. 

"We should probably be on our way now darling but we will phone you as soon as we can to check in and we will be back as soon as possible, we promise" Aro informed and they each took turns to say goodbye before exiting the room, the brunette human groaned and flopped down on to the bed with her arms spread wide on either side of her.

Later, Attarah had gotten dressed and was wondering around the castle, she made her way down to the kitchen, feeling incredibly hungry. When she got there she did not see Gino but she found a covered plate on the counter with a note addressing it to her. Beneath were some turkey sandwiches and she smiled thankfully as she began to eat them, they tasted absolutely amazing.

Attarah was so bored, she had visited nearly every room of the castle and found nothing that interested her, she did not know how dependent she was on the vampires. Volturi castle wasn't the same without them. Eventually she took a seat beside the patio doors on a leather sofa in the library, curled up with a comfy throw over and reading the first book that interested her in the vast collection.

Attarah read a chapter before something else caught her attention, in the corner of her eye she caught a flash of white from outside the glass doors. She frowned and looked outside, only to find nothing out of the ordinary so she returned to the book. However, not two pages later, there was another flash in the opposite direction. Frowning profusely, Attarah stood and dropped the book on the chaise, careful not to lose her page.

Attarah slid the door open and looked outside, seeing a flash though this was further away. The brunette shivered, having removed her coat a while ago whilst wondering the castle. In a split second decision, she made her way down the garden path and in to the main garden. She walked for a while, following the flash in confusion. She presumed that it was just a lower guard on duty but why did they seem so intent on gaining her attention?

"Attarah" the voice of Caius filled her ears and her eyes widened, what was he doing here? he had left. The girl quickly ran in the direction that the voice came from as it continued to repeat her name. Soon she was at the fringe of the forest and she frowned in confusion, her heart beginning to beat faster. Something was wrong, very very wrong. she frowned in to the darkness. "Attarah" 

This time she knew, that voice was not the voice of Caius, only a vampire mimicking it perfectly, the voice sounded sweeter, more feminine and less smooth. Upon the new knowledge, Attarah stepped back in worry as fear coursed through her blood. She felt cold and stupid for having believed the phony excuse for her mates voice.

The brunette was quick to begin returning to the castle in fear. However that was not to be as a freezing cold hard plunged over her mouth, she struggled in fear attempting to make any sound of alarm but her voice was stifled. The human was no match for this unknown vampire. The next shock came with a pinch of pain as a needle was inserted into her neck, she struggled with all her might against the vice like hold as she felt a liquid run beneath her skin. Slowly, her protests weakened and her eyes closed...