63

The rain hammered down furiously and Caius noticed that his beautiful mate had began to shiver, thankfully they rounded the corner in that moment and entered the hotel

The rain hammered down furiously and Caius noticed that his beautiful mate had began to shiver, thankfully they rounded the corner in that moment and entered the hotel. The lobby was empty and they were able to swiftly enter the elevator undiscovered. He couldn't help himself as he began to chuckle and she glanced quickly at him before pouting.

"It's not fair. How can you look like a Greek god, even when drenched and I looked like a drowned rat?" he smiled as the elevator stopped, exiting and pulling her along the short corridor.

"You look absolutely gorgeous my love" he informed her and opened the last door on the corridor. They discovered that the room was a giant array of whites and golds. It was massively extravagant, even more so than most of what Attarah had seen in the castle of Volterra. It was a beautiful dream.

Attarah walked forward, aware that she was dripping wet into the carpet and worried about ruining the beauty of the place. Eventually she reached the foot of the bed and looked out across the giant bed, bigger than any she'd seen before. Big pillows and a giant headboard lingered above her. Her fingers reached out and stroked the lace that draped from the four poster, the satin smooth of the curtain caressing her soft flesh. Timidly she glanced back over her shoulder and up through her lashes at Caius who couldn't help but begin forward in an air of confidence, meeting her lips in a motion of passion and love.

Before long he pulled her closer and she was in no position to resist, loving the beauty of the affection she received. However her eyes flew open in the moment and she met his gorgeous face, his eyes were crumpled in a look of restraint, his jaw practically locked. As if sensing her gaze, he pulled away. She stepped back to see his face clearer.

"Caius? Is it... Is it the blood? I'm sorry." she worried as he dropped into a seating position at the foot of the grand bed, his hands rubbed over his face and through his long locks for a second in a very human gesture before he came came still. It was a rare occurrence for Attarah to witness true human characteristics from her mates; they forever vowed to be tough and appear strong to the vampires they ruled over.

"No, Attarah. Its not the blood. Marcus and myself have gotten used to the pain now that the scent of your blood brings us a euphoria that I can't describe. It's so pleasant. Aro hasn't spent as much time with you, he gets a sandpaper feeling still but even he has come to the position where you can enjoy the banquet without tasting the meal"

The concept shocked Attarah to silence for a rather long moment as confusion overtook her. She missed the feeling of his lips on her own and was beginning to feel cold and self conscious with her soaked state.

"But, I don't understand... If not my scent then what-...?" she was cut off by Caius.

"I struggle to be intimate with you Attarah. You seem so young still and I desire you so so greatly, I know that in perspective of how long you have left in human form, you aren't truly that young. But I do not know how far you are willing to go and I worry to test the waters in fear that you will stretch and do what you do not wish to do to please me. Your mere presence pleases me dear love." he explains in a hurry and she struggles to catch and take in all that he says. Eventually her brain catches up and by this point, Caius had his head in her hands once more. He was embarrassed to show his face, embarrassed to reveal his feelings. Even to his own mate.

"Caius" she took a breath and he looked up at her. She knew what she had to say, what she had to reveal and she knew the time was right. "... I'm ready. I think I have been for a while now but I've just been so reluctant to admit it to you or myself. I might not be ready to go the whole distance, but I know I'm ready to be with you in a way more intimate than this. And it worries me... Because I only feel this way for you. I love all three of you so dearly but these feelings of longing that I have for you... Don't exist so much between me and the others.... I'm ready to be with you. But I'm scared." he looked up and stood, taking her in his arms.

"Don't be afraid my love, whatever you say goes my darling. I will not do anything you are not comfortable with and it is natural for bonds between the three of us to evolve differently. We are three different men after all."

"Thank you... For understanding." she spoke. Noticing how hot her face was despite her freezing temperature and she knew she was blushing furiously. She never thought she'd talk about sex... Not to anyone. But she was glad the conversation had ended. He smiled and kissed her cheek, reminiscent of the warmth on his lips.

"Now I suggest you take a bath my love... You are freezing."he smiled and she thought for a moment.

" Would you... Join me?"