58

Voices were heard all around her but it was as though she listened through water, none were distinct and the cold air around her was all that she registered, slamming furiously against her flesh as she was carried in foreign arms as cold as ice. She held tighter, fear in her at the sudden awaken.

Looking up she saw the face of Felix and she relaxed slightly. They were travelling through trees and jumping ditches at an immense speed that her eyes stung and watered. Finally they reached the castle threshold and she was placed on her feet again. With a sigh, the doors were pushed open and in entered the Volturi guard. Returning once more to their rightful home.

Attarah wasted no time, she now knew the castle like the back of her hand and she headed up the twisted stairs and down corridors to where the chambers of the Kings were housed. In the block contained three bedroom, two bathrooms and three offices along with a library but as she entered the familiar hallway, she recognized a change. A new door had been polished. She wasn't sure how she had missed it before but when she pushed it open, she found a fully furnished and beautiful bedroom with hat and shoes boxes scattered around, along with a temporary metal rail, holding many dress bags.

"This is for you, as we discussed previously. The wardrobe and bathroom are to the left and a passageway through the library to Aros office is to the right. I hope it suits all your demands.

" You did all this?" She queried, turning to Caius behind her.

"We did. We do everything you ask us to do and more. You're wish is our command. As you already know" he smiled. "Also upon request we have fitted heating in this floor of the castle."

"You didn't have to do all this" she spoke.

"it's the least we could do." he coughed awkwardly. "All things considered...Attarah you must believe us when we say that we never meant to hurt you. We were going our job and would've reacted identically no matter the family we were dealing with. As hard as it is, this is the life you are now a part of. We can't be biased and unfair because power only works with respect. You must learn this my darling. If anyone were to even find out that you exist, there would be reason for a revolution and we'd all be killed. We're protecting you princess but soon it'll be your turn to join us. Then maybe you can get say in the rules."

" I'm sorry. I've acted very childish and I see that. You talk so reasonably and you understand that you've upset me but it's hard. My loyalties was belonged entirely to my sister and that family, I know that they sold me like a pig to the slaughter for peace with you and that now I am utterly devoted to the Volturi. But I'm still human, it's hard to detach myself from people who raised me."

"In time, it'll be easier." he promised her and walked to her, placing his hand on her cheek and stroking it gently. "You will be okay" she pulled her close and cuddled him to her. She was still upset but in the moment. Caius is what she needed and he was there. He would always be there.

"Thank you. I'll try my best to accept everything. I'm trying." she smiled and Caius smiled in return.

"take your time, by all means, my love , you've got time."

"thank you."

"What a sight to see and aren't I glad to see it" a new voice announced and she looked around Caius to see Marcus in the door way.

"Marcus" she smiled.

"Attarah" he returned and swept across the room, taking her in a hug also. Almost tasting the reunion, Aro entered hopefully but what he had done was far worse. He'd scared and nearly killed his mate.

"Aro" she nodded, slightly hidden by the other two Kings.

"Attarah" he sighed longingly.

"in time brother" Marcus promised in a hushed whisper that Attarah would miss even strained.

"One can only hope."