53

Caius, Marcus and Aro marched through the trees in Brazil, excitement in their minds  at the prosperity at seeing their sunshine, Attarah. Time apart from her had only made them upset and angered. They felt a hole in their hearts, though none more than Aro, who was still yet to redeem himself.

Unfortunately, at the door they were not met by a bubbling ray of sunshine as expected. They were met by a sheepish looking Felix and Miranda who's heart beat at millions of miles a minute....if that were possible. The King's stopped and they stared and frowned. Though neither spoke a word.

"What happened?" Aro questioned out of worry though neither answered and it caused him to get angered, grabbing Miranda by the throat and holding her in the air as she choked, repeating himself.

"How is it you expect her to answer when the poor woman cannot breath?" a voice questioned from their left and they turn to see Attarah, appearing as though she was having the holiday of her life. She was tanned to perfection, dressed beautifully in denim dungarees and white daps.

"Attarah dear

"Attarah dear. We were so worried" Caius gushed though her face remained stony as she watched Aro release Miranda nervously. The future queen rushed to the female. Scrutinising her condition before hushing out some words "George." Instantly a vampire was at her side. A newly turned vampire who'd been left in Brazil with Felix for training.

"Oh my love" he released thickly as he took Miranda in his arms, cradling her as though she were glass. It seemed that to him, she was as precious as it.

"wha-" Marcus began to question as he witnessed bonds that had not existed before they departed. Felix was closer to Attarah, in a brotherly way, the same as the new vampire George. Speaking of, George had an unbreakable bond of love with Miranda and she'd evolved to have a brotherly, teasing friendship with Felix. It startled Marcus with the change. Though what we feared the most was the bonds between them.

Attarah's bond with Aro had gone from a once vibrant rose gold to silver. It had faded and the same had occurred with Marcus and Caius though a once rosy gold was now a much plainer gold. Something about the colour change, appeared to Marcus as temporary. As Attarah looked into Aros eyes  the bond warmed but as she looked away she appeared to compose herself. Allowing it to fade once more.

"What has happened my dear?" Marcus tried again, this time not startled to silence.

"You lied... All three of you lied." she seethed and they all frowned collectively though Aro was the first to catch on to the reason behind her very apparent anger.

"You know" he announced and she looked at him with a royally pissed off expression.

"hmm, aren't you smart." she groaned "I'm surprised it took you so long to realise, unless there's something else you are keeping from me" she snapped before sighing, in an attempt to calm herself. "not that it matters, nothing you say can change the fact that you waged war against my family!"

"Attarah please calm down"

"No Marcus! My anger is warranted. Nothing you can say is going to calm me. I do not care what my sister did, she sent me away, she created an immortal child... Nothing she did can allow you to keep a secret this big from me and then leave to kill her." she had tears in her eyes, either from anger or upset, maybe even fear. Whatever it was, her emotions were at an all time high.

" She's alive Attarah" Aro attempted "They all are."

"I know, imagine my reaction if she wasn't." she whispered out and walked off into the house. At that stage the Kings knew that they had truly messed up. Whatever they had expected, it hadn't been such anger that she seemed to hate them. They thought they're bond was stronger than that pain and upset but their mate was a little firecracker and she wasn't letting go of her anger that easily.