47

December 25th

Attarah and the guards had not seen the Kings for the rest of the day but it had given them time to prepare the decorations. They had taken the main room and removed all the furniture, setting up a giant Christmas tree and putting so many presents beneath it that it was fit to burst. A table had also been set up along the windows with an array of food for Attarah and Miranda. That night Attarah went to bed in excitement.

In the morning, Attarah was awoken by Jane who helped her to get dressed into a festive dress. It was red with a sleigh design and her hair was pulled up with fake flowers being weaved into it. She giggled happily, excited for the day.

Attarah walked along the halls in a bubbly happiness before she found where she knew her mates would be

Attarah walked along the halls in a bubbly happiness before she found where she knew her mates would be. She did not knock for it was Christmas and she was overexcited. As a queen, the book nearly forbade her to knock anyway and she better begin practises. "Good morning" she didn't address the day as she entered, wishing for them to catch on. The three men were sat on couches talking with glasses of blood.

Attarah walked behind Caius, taking the glass and swirling the liquid content, inspecting it before returning it to his hand. None of them said a word as she made her way to the desk and glanced over the desk contents. Knowing what was there, Caius called her over. "Attarah my dear, what is this you are wearing?"

"you mean to tell me you forgot?"

"forgot what exactly gorgeous?" Caius asked, it was unlike Kings, let alone vampires to forget anything.

"I expected Kings so old to remember what the day is. The birth of Christ is a very widely celebrated day" she informed and they snapped their gazes to look at her.

"it's Christmas?"

"it is" she announced and left with them quickly tailing.

"I dare say brothers, our mate is shaping up to be destined a brilliant Queen." aro notices.

"I take it her book studies came in handy. She certainly appears a changed woman" Marcus remarks.

"Unlike the pair of you, I do not want a moulded mate, I want Attarah, she was perfect before the pair of you began to shape her into what you believe the model vampire queen to be" Caius argued.

"Caius, adjustments must be made, Attarah is to be Queen. We are all born normal Caius, as she often reminds us. We have adjusted  as she shall. The Attarah you love is still there, she will always be there but she is evolving. Changes do not change the love someone has for a mate. Correcting her outer appearance to public is not changing who she is as a person" Aro reasons as they continue into the decorated sitting room.

"When did you do all of this?" Around asked with wide eyes, the room was decorated to the max yet somehow did not appear overdone.

"When you were working" Attarah smiled and she made her way over to him, her arms snaking around his waist and her fingers locking behind his back, in return he placed his hands on either side of her face with a smile. Pressing a kiss to her forehead they twisted so they faced the room, his arm remained around her shoulders and hers around his waist.

"right" Felix claps "let's make a tradition" the other guards stared at him wide eyed, it had somehow not crossed his mind that Aro was present. Before any of the other Kings, the guards could act as they please but Aro was different.

"Felix" Jane whispered angrily.

"I apologies your majesty" Felix stumbled and stepped into line with the other guards. Attarah looked up at the anger on Aros face and frowned.

"Do not fret Felix, as it is Christmas I am sure it can be excused. Don't you think Aro?" Attarah smirked and Aro frowned but didn't protest in anyway. Attarah made her way over to Jane who smiled and accepted her in a gentle hug.

"for future reference, 'wouldn't you agree' is much more formal than 'don't you think'" the bubbly blonde guard informed in a hushed voice and Attarah nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you"

"When you become Queen you shall be appointed what we think of as advisors, that is what the Kings have established considering you do not yet know all the rules. You shall also have hand ladies, they are just friends in which you can confide. The Kings have one another yet you need your own. You shall have professional dressers also." Jane informed.

" And what of Miranda? "

"she is not a vampire, she was appointed part time for you whilst you were human but a vampire should replace her as you become a vampire as you will be seen more regularly" Chelsea informed her.

"where shall Miranda go?"

"I have a place within the kitchens, I shall be fine." the human informed herself and Attarah frowned before nodding in acceptance.

"Come, let's not discuss such matters today, it is Christmas after all." Caius ushered. "You have many years before you have to think of such things"