We're Just Kids -Mateya

-WE ARE JUST KIDS-

Most of us, I assume, are in college, middle school, high school, or even elementary. All living a normal life for that measure.

But, thats the problem.

You see, Kids at the normal age for all middle school grades (scientific fact) have the same level of anxiety as people who were in insane asylums in the 1950s.

While kids are learning the basics for the next grade up every grade whether It be third or tenth grade, kids starting as young as ten years old or younger are not only learning academics, but how to hide blades. How and where to hide blades, starting to buy longer sleeved clothing, learning how to fake smiles, how to build up emotional walls, how to say "Im Fine" without breaking down, how to make themselves emotionally untouchable.

Kids at young ages are learning how to deal with depressive disorders people three or four times their age couldn't even begin to deal with. And thats the part adults seem to miss, we are JUST kids.

We shouldn't be feeling this in any way shape or form. The fact that SGC even had to be formed with a book supporting other girls with depressive disorders, or girls wanting to cut, or ARE self harming, or, heck, wanting to end their own lives. Some of us already have, is absurd. This NEEDS to change, and it starts with us. I am not asking anyone to fake smiles more and act like we don't have depression. Girls, be proud of your scars. They made you who you are, the battles they represent changed you into the be the beautiful, mature, strong, and amazing women you are. No more hiding, mental illness is real and it lives in us. We are KIDS, we are YOUNG, and we are dealing with things people three times our age couldn't bare. We are hurt, in pain, and barely surviving. I know what its like, iv been there and I'm still there. As of many of the other SGC members/admins are, and a vast majority of our readers aswell. But we CAN make a change, thats what SGC believes in. Thats what were here for. To represent you, to support you, to love you, to be your shoulder to turn too, and to watch you change and grow into the people that we know can achieve great things, just like you can now. SGC is here for you through thick and thin, were here to celebrate your victories and remind you to keep your head held high through loss. To counsel you, to give you advice, to show you that you ARE worth it, and always have been.