Breaking Those Gender Roles: Crying

You walked into yours and Peter's shared treehouse and stopped when you heard a sniffle coming from your guys's bedroom. You tiptoed towards it and found him bent over on the bed crying into his hands.

"Peter...?" You asked tentatively, walking towards him as if he was a newborn baby dear that you didn't want to spook.

He jumped, "Y-Y/N, I uhhh..." he drifted off as we went to rub his eyes to hide his tears.

"Peter, what's wrong?" You said gently, putting your hand on his elbow.

He sniffed, "nothing I-"
"There's something, and if you truly don't want to talk about it that's okay. Or you can tell me and I can help you." You said putting your arm around his shoulder.

He sniffed again, "I'm not supposed to be crying right now."
"Says who?"

"Well my father always said." The look on his face broke your heart, he looked like a kicked puppy.

"Peter, this is Neverland, you can cry if you want. You can cry regardless of where you are because you are a human being." He gave you a look, "well you're still human even if you have magic." You said rolling your eyes.

He huffed out a breath of a laugh, and you held him close, "you want to tell me about it?" You asked gently.

He nodded and you led him to sit down on the bed, "well to start, the boys have been little shits lately, I swear a full moon is coming up." He clutched your hand while your other hand ran through his soft curls. "And Felix has been no help I seriously don't know how Freddy deals with his mood swings and then...."

Peter continued through out the evening talking about what has stressed him out, and how he misses his mother from time to time. By the time he was done ranting you and him where at the head of the bed, with his head on your chest as you ran your hand through his hair.

"Thank you, Y/N." He mumbled, snuggled into your chest.

"No problem, love." You said kissing his forehead.

He fell asleep way before you, you were up making sure he stayed asleep because if anyone needed sleep it was Peter. You listened to the oceans waves outside while Peter fell asleep to your heartbeat, it assured him you were real.

THAT WAS SHORT BUT WE HIT 161K ON THIS BOOK WTF IS LIFE 

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BOOK AND STICKING THROUGH THE ROUGH SPOTS WITH ME (the rough spots being my first few chapters, the grammar, the word choice... #cringeeeee)  BUT SERIOUSLY THANK YOU, THE LOST FAMILY IS GROWINGGGGGG