Chapter 56

Y/n POV:

    All 6 of us were gathered into Aphmau's dinning room. Aphmau and Katelyn were the only ones sitting though. No one had any weapons out as we looked at Katelyn. "Thank you for this opportunity. I'm sure that I am not a comfort to have in your presence given the current state of affairs. But I need to take my chances for you to hear me out.... Aphmau? You remember why I originally came to Phoenix Drop? Correct?"

    "You wanted information about Jeffory the Golden Heart." Katelyn nodded before continuing. "Correct... I have received new that Jeffory... has died." Then rest of us were shocked and concerned. A Jury of Nine dying? That was unheard of , especially at a young age. Aphmau asked her what happened. "Zane happened... that evil.... PRICK! HOW DARE HE! JEFFORY HAD A DAUGHTER HE LOVED!" Katelyn started crying through anger.

    Aphmau asked if she was alright before Katelyn explained her and Jeffory's past situation. Why he was killed and that Katelyn already knew he let us get away with the lords so long ago. "That armor set I bestowed upon you and your guards... that was a gift solely from me. I stole them from Zane's armory before he could replicate them for his soldiers. And now I give these gifts to your guards."

    The four of us(and yes I mean four) were each given weapons of color. Dante had two red katanas. Laurence had a green sword. Garroth had a blue sword. I was given four f/c throwing knives. Katelyn mentioned that each of our gifts were believed to have a blessing from one of the Divine Warriors. On the inside I was in a fangirling ball of mess but I kept a steady demeanor on the outside. After some more conversation, Aphmau thanked Katelyn for her generous help.

    Garroth looked like he was having a midlife crisis and shook his head wildly before rushing out of the house. Before Laurence followed after him, I grabbed his arm. "Please don't make it worse." I let go and turned back towards Katelyn. "I wouldn't hurt him, he's like a brother to me." Laurence's footsteps got quieter and I let out a breath. 'He's gonna make it worse.'

No one POV:

   "Garroth." Laurence followed him all the way back to his own room in the guard station. He wouldn't turn around but answered back. "What do you want?" Laurence was definitely irritated by his previous behavior. "What's going on with you lately?" Garroth still refused to turn around. "I told you I've been sick." He finally looked the other way after Laurence spoke.

   "That's not it Garroth. Cadenza told me you've been moving about perfectly as of late. If it's your pride that's bothering you, you need to get over it. We are facing war right now Garroth. You don't know true pain until you've experienced that."

    "I'm going on patrol now." Garroth harshly pushed past Laurence on the way out of his room. "Garroth please, don't act this way." He ran all the way until he was out side of the gate. Turning around once, before running off once more.

~oOo~

Y/n POV:

    Laurence and Aphmau went back over to Aaron to tell him everything that happened since last night. I decided to patrol the gate with Brendon. It was really quiet out and I had slipped into my own thoughts on multiple occasions. I finally snapped out of it from the sound of a launched arrow and Brendon crying out in pain. I turned around to see him fallen on the floor. "BRENDO--" we were being invaded.

    I don't know how, but O'kasis guards had gotten into the walls and were attacked. I perched Brendon up on his back before going down the ladder to defend. I've never killed anyone before, but if I just think of it as actually being minecraft... maybe it would be easier? One came charging at me and I swung at their head. My pole made contact and it vibrated up like the other day. But I had gotten those gloves from Cadenza so I didn't even feel it.

    They fell to the ground and I harshly stabbed them down with one of the knives before they actually pooped away like an actual mine craft character. I for sure know this isn't actually how people die, but if Amarion is trying to spare me the gruesome sight I'll take it. I had put down about 8 of them and was starting to wonder how trained these guy actually were. Being killed by a measly woman. "Come back and fight me you coward!"

     Aphmau's voice got louder as she can closer in my direction. She was dressed head to toe in her diamond armor. It was then that I noticed the many cuts on my arms and legs. They weren't deep, but I'd definitely feel it later once all the adrenaline went away. We both scalped back up the wall once all the ones down here were taken care of. There were more up top, but how did they even get up here?! I hadn't left no longer than 4 minutes ago!

    Dante was sprinting our way to ask about our physical status. He then instructed us to follow him towards Brendon, quickly. They had carried him down from the wall and laid him down on the floor. This looks bad. I'm not sure if I can take it out." Dale had said looking over the wound. "Then let me do it." I moved him out of the way and got now on one of my knees. It actually did look pretty stuck in there.

    "It's only gonna get a higher chance of being infected the longer we wait. Brendon I'm sorry, but this is gonna hurt." I grabbed as close to the tip of the arrow as I could and yanked it out without twisting it in his skin. Brendon let out a pained yell before only letting out whimpers as we lifted him up and brought him into the guest room with Zoey to watch over him. Aphmau instructed her to take all the children: Levin, Malachi, Alexis, Kyle and even Leona away from Phoenix Drop.

    We are at the beginning of being invaded and it is to dangerous for them here. Aphmau was about to tell the two of them what was going on, since she can't in fact go with them. She is the Lord and must stay to protect alongside us. I left out before her to find Malachi standing outside the door. He was listening in on their conversation. I belt over to hug him before upstairs and into Aphmau's room. It's their family, I shouldn't intrude.

     It was the middle of the night and I was completely exhausted. I triple checked myself for the amulet once more before sleeping in her spare bed.

1156 words