Chapter 21

Laurence POV:

I was walking down the hallway, when I heard Y/n and Malachi talking. I peaked inside the door to see Malachi jumping around. Y/n started cleaning the bed and he started cleaning off his dresser. She took all the covers and dusted them off. The many years of age and none usage, faded away it's color and made it slightly stiff. She then flipped the blanket over, putting the better looking side outwards.

Malachi took all his items off and wiped down the dresser. He then wiped down all the items before putting them back. A little water, could make them look better. Y/n and Malachi then moved to the floor, picking up all of his old toys. One in particular, made him stop and stare at it. I was about to walk in, since he looked like he was going to cry again. Y/n noticed too and reached into her back pocket.

The sun will come out, tomorrow.
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow.
They'll be sun.

Music started playing from Y/n's 'phone'. Malachi turned around and was awe struck, the same as me. Y/n was crouched a few feet away from him, with what resembled a star in her hands. It was floating right in front of them and was glowing brightly but softly at the same time. It was beautiful.

Just think'n about, tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow
Till there's none.

Malachi had came closer and touched it before retracting his hand. Y/n breathed out a laugh before pushed her hands up, sending the star up to the ceiling. It lit up the whole room at once, making it look more lively.

When I'm stuck with a day
That's grey
And lonely.
I just stick out my chin
And grin
And say, oh.

Y/n held onto Malachi's hands and stood back up. The two started dancing around the room. Malachi was laughing and playing with her, as she was humming along to cheer him up.

The sun will come tomorrow
So you got to hang on till tomorrow
Come what may

"Tommorow, tomorrow. I love ya, tomorrow. You're always a day away." Y/n picked him up and started spinning him around, before they both fell down laughing. Once they got back up, Y/n had her forehead pressed against Malachi's like yesterday. "Lets go find Laurence."

    I stood in the doorway as they turned around. "Found me." I had a cheeky grin on my face, as she only had an unamused expression. Y/n looked outside the window before grabbing her 'star' again and walking passed me out the door. "Come on Weirdo, they'll be back soon." We then made our way back to the lobby. "When are you gonna ask Aphmau on a date?"

     "Pardon?" That was extremely unexpected. "When are you gonna ask Aphmau on a date? You already told her that you were in love with her. Ask her on a date already. And do it fast, because I'm telling this to Garroth also." That hurt me slightly. Y/n still thinks I'm in love with Aphmau. Aphmau had told us earlier, that Y/n thinks that it was 'Aph' who kissed 'Dante'.

    Since Y/n had had her eyes closed and that's what she remembers happening. So Y/n hadn't seen what I was afraid of. I let out a sigh and continued walking. Reaching the gate again, Dante and Garroth made their way back. "Did lord Aphmau come back yet?" We answered no, before all the guys were freaking out.

    "Ok, quit it. She'll be back soon." Me and Garroth stopped worrying, which led to Dante asking questions. "How are you so sure about this?" And now ladies and gentlemen, here is a time skip for this long ass explanation. Dante ended up understanding and taking it pretty well. Since there is a Nether portal there can be other dimensions, right?

     About 15 minutes later, Aphmau came back with a strange looking guy right behind her. "Lord Aphmau! You actually found an exorcist?" The guy following behind her started acting weird. A light blinded us all for a second before disappeared. I was going to take out my sword, when Y/n put a hand out in front of me telling me to stop.

    The guy started talking to Malachi. Over 900 years ago he was accidentally pushed over the balcony be the guy's ancestor. By no means was it on purpose, but ever sense then his family had been cursed. The guy exorcised Malachi like we asked, but also helped him remember what he had forgotten. All that and the sun still hasn't come up yet.

    Malachi was ecstatic. He was so happy, he started crying tears of joy. This made me smile to myself. Everything that he went through for the longest of time, and he's able to get past it. Aphmau hugged him, as we all went back inside. We were now planning to leave in a few hours once the sun rose. Giving Malachi time to say goodbye to everything he feared.

     I had took an hour long nap. Waking up, Y/n was reading something and Dante was asleep too. Aphmau and Garroth were talking outside. I listened in on the conversation, seeing if it would concern me or not. Aphmau asked Garroth once more why he had fled from O'kasis. He used the same excuse. 'Because I was forced into marriage.'

     "It's because Garroth's father, the lord of O'kasis, once knows as a symbol of peace is now turning into a tyrant in his old age. Isn't that right, Garroth?" He turned around surprised that I was awoke. "Now tell me... when were you going to let Aphmau know?" He was starting to get defensive. "Know about what?!" I kept calm even though his ignorance was aggravating me. "Your father."

     I continued on, knowing what he was going to say. "And don't you dare say that it doesn't affect her, it's going to affect all of us if we don't start doing something about it." Garroth didn't say anything. "WAKE UP Garroth! They're forming an alliance of villages. How long do you think it will take O'kasis to convince these villages to make them overseer, then an actual monarchy?!"

    "That won't happen--" he still wasn't getting it. "YES. IT. WILL. It's already happening. They've swarmed the village of Bright Port with guards! They're exposing a curfew for goodness sake! How long before Bright Port falls will they go after Pheonix drop? Not to long I'm guessing." I struck a nerve from saying that. "QUIET LAURENCE!" Oh, but I wasn't done yet. "DONT TALK TO ME LIKE IM SOME APPRENTICE GUARD!.....Because I hear you have such a reputation with those....."

    He charged at me aiming his sword. I was ready to block the blow, when Y/n knocked his sword back. Garroth's helmet fell off in the process. I couldn't see her face since her back was facing me, but telling by how badly Garroth flinched; I didn't want to. None of us said anything, as she then stuck her sword into the ground. When Y/n turned around, she glared heavily at me. It had anger and disappointment inside of it.

     She walked back inside without saying a word. The rest of us just stood there. I definitely owe Garroth an apology, what I said was uncalled for. ".......talk to Aphmau..." I went back inside the castle, seeing Y/n no where in sight but Dante in one of the corners looking scared. "Who pissed her off?"

1252 words.