Chapter 49

No one POV:

(In O'kasis)

    Jeffery was tied up to be judged and tried in from of the High Priest. "I already told you. I let them go out of my labs in judgment." Them meaning the lords Jeffery had to carelessly let escape with Lord Aphmau and Y/n. "You said to stay out of the girls' way and that's what I did. I was simply following orders." Zane laughed from behind his desk.

    "You still act as if I don't already know. These frail mortal bodies can only serve as a vessel for one. If you don't serve me, then you serve another." Jeffery didn't serve Zane. He hated Zane. But he loved his daughter so there wasn't a choice. "Sire?" Once more the High Priest laughed at Jeffery's signs of unease. "I jest it's alright." He held a sickening sweet tone. And with a snap of  his fingers, Jeffery was untied.

    The Jury of Nine(er) was confused from the jester. "You're... you're letting me go?" Zane stood from his chair and made his way around the table as Jeffery continued to look forward at he had always been instructed too. "Of course." With a swift thrust, a black sword was purged into Jeffery's chest and he was left gasping and gargling. Zane smiled under his mask. "You are useless to me now."

    He continued to laugh as Jeffery was left to fall on the floor in his own blood. "No......not like.....this...." He slowly saw black as his body went numb. "A...bby..." was the last thing he said. Jeffery died with the sword still through his back. Zane had been looking out his window when his communications amulet rung. Whispers through the amulet echoed throughout the room. "...She's there with her? Katelyn mentioned nothing of this, hmm..."

    More whispers came out. "No, leave it be. This is much better." The noises came out of the magicks device once more. The smile turned more sickening. "He would be perfect to fill the new role that just opened up."

Y/n POV:

"Garroth? Hey Garroth where did you go?" I had called Aphmau outside to do her thing when I saw that Garroth was gone. I felt guilty once more since I could of done something but forgotten because of a dang on baby. Multiple to be exact. "We've been out here for a while trying to look for you. Come one this isn't funny!" Aphmau looked pretty concerned and had a good reason too be.

Nicole came out once more with questions. "You too have been gone from the party for a while. Is everything okay?" Aphmau explained her worries but Nicole didn't exactly understand our big fuss since he is a grown man who has a sword. "Huh? Girls, don't worry about it-- Just come back inside and enjoy the party. Kiki is asking for you guys. She is about to open her gifts from you!" Nicole walked back in with a smile as me and Aph shared a look.

She didn't seem convinced to leave. "..He can take care of himself Aphmau. Besides, there might have been a matter that he needed to settle somewhere else in the village." She sighed heavily before brightening up some. "Alright, let's go."

~oOo~

It was dark out and the party was ending. Garroth wasn't gonna be anywhere anytime soon, so I decided to walk Aphmau home. She can't say no to a little girl time anyways. Aph was bouncing and squealing the whole way down, but stopped short when she spotted Cadenza and Emmalyn who had both been in Mateli for a long while. The two girls had decided to drop by on Kiki to congratulate her even if they missed the shower.

Cadenza gave Aphmau the present she had forgotten to pick up for both herself and Levin, and we all bid goodnight. Aphmau was talking about going to sleep earlier so that she would wake up earlier, but we both still know she is gonna sleep in again. It wasn't long before I too got into my bed and fell asleep.

The morning couldn't come sooner, since I was still on edge about the whole thing with Garroth. And I know it's not gonna go away until the Big Bang with Irene. I went back to my casual wear of a cammy and some denim shorts, but switched it up some with a black leather jacket and my combat boots. I wanted to practice more with my pole fighting so it could be a pretty chill day. As chill as it could be with what's coming.

    Cadenza was the only one in the guard station as I went in and up the ladder. Garroth's door was closed and locked from the inside. She had said that he looked and acted sick when she saw him. I didn't bother saying anything and just went out onto the balcony to where a training dummy was. It was all beaten up from the others but of course it was made for that. I had started carrying my pole on my me and was thinking about making it retractable, for practical reasons.

   I remember Garroth told me not to aim for bones, but for weak spots. I hit the dummy at the neck and groin. Aiming forwards & outwards but bringing myself back to center face after making contact. It had gotten less tiring over the course the the days that passed. I had noticed Aphmau running around town like normally, but didn't see her when she came into the station. She scared me and I almost hit her upside the head.

    She backed away with her hands up as I glared at her. I turned back to my dummy when Aphmau knocked on Garroth's door. There was still a plate on the floor from when Cadenza brought him some food. "Garroth? Garroth if you're in there it's me, Aphmau. I hope you feel better." She backed away from the door looking as worried as yesterday. She probably didn't really think he could have gotten sick but doesn't know for sure.

    Aphmau was going down the ladder before she called out saying she would check on him later. I sighed feeling frustrated that him ignoring her, reminded me of my mom and my relationship about 2 years ago. I don't care anymore. I swung the pole again, but must have done it a lot harder than last time since it vibrated up and hurt my hands. I dropped the metal staff and held them together for a second.

    My weapon of choice clanging on the ground. "You alright up there Y/n?" Cadenza called up from downstairs. 'Damn, I don't think Blondie knew I was up here.' "Yeah, I'm good! Just hurt my hands is all!" I rubbed them once more as the sting went away. "I could make you some gloves if that would help?" It would stop them from hurting every time I hit something to hard. "That would actually do wonders, thanks Cadenza!"

    I was about to leave out before deciding to talk to Garroth. He had somehow eaten his food from earlier when I wasn't looking. "*knock knock* Yo. Don't stay holed up in there forever, Blondie. We both know you aren't sick. Besides, I could use a sparing partner tomorrow." I went down the ladder and waved bye to Cadenza, leaving out the station. Aphmau walked past me again, so I chose to follow after her for shits and giggles.

    She didn't know I was following her, since I was a ways behind. Aph looked to be going in the direction of my house, where Levin and Malachi's big ass treehouse was. Aphmau had her axe in her hand and was about to go to the tree, when she took notice of something by the water. My eyes widened and I quickly hid from any wandering eyes. "What is that--" Aphmau made a sound of surprise as she was tripped off of her feet and a sword was pressed against her neck.

    Before anything else happened I came out from behind her with my gun pointed at the asshole. "Bark bark bitch, it be nice if you would back the fuck up."

1376 words.