Chapter 59

No one POV:

Aphmau woke up and looked out her window. The battle was about to begin and history was going to be marked. Good or bad, she didn't know. But there was no hiding from the inevitable. Dante rushed into her room as serious as ever. "LORD APHMAU! SCALESWIND IS AT OUR GATES! LETS GO!" She didn't hesitate to run past him and towards the conflict. This is her village and she must defend it.

She thought through the plan once more. Each village is posted at a different guard tower. They all armed and in position. No one is hurt at he moment and everything is fine(for now). Aphmau was already very hesitant about it up as she climbed up on the ladder to the top of the gate. But fear was finally riddled through her when she saw the size of the armies on the other side. Scaleswind and O'khasis had their guards lined up like chessmen.

None of them moved, almost statues. Zane and the Lord of Scaleswind were in the back looking up at her. "The day has come! Give me my daughter now or I will come in and FIND HER MYSELF!" Aphmau needed him to reconsider and back down. "This is crazy! If we have exhausted ever resources we have and haven't found her, then what makes you think that you can?!" The Lord wasn't gonna listen to reason.

"Last. Chance. If you don't hand her over now, this. Means. War!" Aphmau became desperate in the short amount of time that she feared for everyone else. "Zane, please! I-I'll marry you if you just stop this now!" He only laughed his ass off at her proposal. "Come out of this alive and I'll consider your offer." It got quiet all around before the Lord of Scaleswind spoke once more.

"CHARGE!"

All of the men suddenly started attacking the gate and walls, starting to break them down and trying to get in. "AIM!" Y/n voice was heard over the other battle cries. She and 4 other men/women pointed their cannons down to the danger fleets. "FIRE!" Explosions were sounded off as many men down below were blasted away. 'That wasn't apart of the plan?!' Aphmau's thoughts were getting the best of her.

Giant bursts of color and spark took their place before more soldiers came forward. Phoenix Drop fighters got down from the wall to the ground floor. A sudden realization came upon Y/n as she shouted, "BRIAN STOP!" It was just then that he opened the gate before disappearing as the enemy's armies barged in. Everyone was immediately bombarded taking on a lot more than they could chew, but fighting their way through.

Getting rid of as many as they could, Dante reshut the gate again. But it was no time to feel safe or take a breather. O'khasis had Black Mages of their own who shot large holes into Phoenix Drop's walls. Meaning more openings for the other side to break in through. At least 50 came through, with only Laurence, Y/n & Gale to fight them off. There was more fight in these three than you would think, and they all held their ground.

Killing the enemy forces off and defending the breach in their barriers. "For Narnia!!!" All jokes aside Y/n was terrified. Her wounds from the day before still hurt under her armor set, and the ankle was getting harder to stand on. But with the determination of staying alive she barely noticed it. It would come back around to bite her in the ass later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emmalyn and Kenmur were rushing through the village. The heat vision goggles had been finished that morning and there was no time to waste. He didn't find anything near the plaza or in the housing area and the two were heading towards the Kiki's barn. He found faintly see something from a ways behind there. And they continued forward, the signal got stronger and larger.

Emmalyn realized that this was the remaining sight from where the old Lord used to live but didn't say anything "I found something!" Kenmur looked over the scene and found the signal coming from under the sight. He stepped on a plank and a staircase appeared in the ground. The two rushed down to a secret room with nothing in it. Still the signal was coming from below and so so close.