Chapter 34

Y/n's POV:

'He's such a fucking Casanova.' My eyes were narrowed in seeping annoyance over the brunette male. Why I even agreed to dance was beyond me. A perfectly good night; ruined over a bad mood. I'll give him points since the jester was very daring, even for Laurence. Yet that was in front of EVERYONE and I'm ticked off about it. The night had not been as young as before, and people were slowly going back to their home.

I was planning on heading over to mine, before seeing Brian giving silent hand jesters to me, Brendan, Dale and Corey. He asked the 4 of us if we would mind helping him with a surprise for lord Aphmau. We all were more than happy to be of assistance. Me more than most, since from what I could recall, this was a project on the new guard tower. The second of many beautiful add-ons to come.

~oOo~

My eyes were burning, my head was throbbing, I couldn't feel my feet, my hands were numb, and I wanted to fubernucking pass out. But you now what? Totally worth it. The new guard tower stood loud and proud, with a secret signature in one of the weapon holders by none other that yours truly! It was a lovey sight and a high lookout point for future enemies. I can't wait to get started on the wall though. It has a better cause that Trump that's for sure.

I was currently spread out across the top deck of my house (Which took forever to get up to, because of the aching pain in my thighs.) The sun was warming my face with its rays, as the passing wind was a delightful tune to hear. Slowly and steadily making me more tired. My subconscious mind let a long satisfying sigh. 'Get up lazy. It's too early for this, besides its your fault for staying up all night.' I could hear the pop of my spine and arms as I slowly sat up.

It felt like 15 minutes went by before I had made it to the old guard station, when it would normally take about 5. Aphmau had just finished up a conversation with the Blondie, before going to see what Dante was up to. Walking was being sort of a challenge, since my legs wobbled every so often. "Lady Y/n, are you alright?" My arms shot out from my sides to balance myself. "Heh, yeah. But I'm probably gonna need you to catch me in about 10 seconds."

"Wha--"

10 turned into 2 when I fell on the poor guy. Not enough to make him fall over, but he had to regain his footing from my weight. "Wah, sorry!" I was clinging onto Garroth's neck while trying to stand back on my own. "y-you're p-perfectl-ly f-fine..." Garroth was sort of lifting me up also to get me back on my feet. Like many other times, it was once again awkward for the both of us. I was sat down onto a nearby chair. "Again I apologize."

"A-and again, you'r-re perfectly f-fine. But are y-you feeling alright?" I did sort of a half-and-half motion. "Honestly, I could be doing better. That guard tower took a lot out of me. But I'm not dying, so yeah I'm good." I snapped, giving finger guns with a cheesy grin.

   "I thank you for the help, but you mustn't over work yourself. We had only just returned that of yesterday." I rolled my eyes back and rested my head on top of my palm. "You're one to talk." Garroth seemed oddly confused over the statement, even without being able to see his face. Aphmau popped her head around the corner when she heard us talking. "Y/n when'd you get here?" My calves fell asleep and were stinging slightly whenever I moved them.

   "Just now. Had you spoken with Brian yet?" She replied with a no  before leaving with a wave. My nerves slowly were coming back, but it still felt weird to step on. I had pushed myself off the chair. "Are you sure you're fine, Lady Y/n? Do you need an escort?" I shook my head, getting my balance back. "Nah, I can handle myself. I'mma go see what Dante's up too." Garroth was slightly hesitant to let me by but still did. One of my hands were placed on the wall as my gaze was cast down to the floor, to keep from tripping like an idiot.

"What's cooking, good looking?" I turned up, seeing Laurence leaning against a wall with his arms crossed and a smirk. "Hello Mr. Zvahl, trying to be fancy I see?" He was currently occupying a golden armor set. Reflective, but pleasing to look at. Provided by none other than Mr. Ro'meave. "Only for you~ But my reason for the get up isn't that. Garroth hooked me up since I'm second in command now!"

'Oh yeah, Dale did end up resigning.'

    "Gotta admit," Laurence started talking again cutting my thoughts off. "It's kinda weird being second, when I was leading in Mateli. But I know Garroth is gonna be a good leader, especially with me in his shadow!" Laurence then started flexing his arms. I snorted at his idiocy and leaned my weight against the wall. "Suuurrree, keep thinking that Weirdo."

   He laughed in response and looked back at me with a grin across his face. "Forever and always, I'll be thinking about you too." Once again, I got irritated and glared at him. "Shut it Weirdo." I was hoping that he'd get the message. Which in fact he did. "Alright alright. By the way, do you have a fever or something? You don't look so good."

    I placed a hand to my heart in a hurt manner. "You insult me, since I look fabulous."

   "Hah, I agree that you are indeed fabulous. But are you feeling fine? You seem tired and shaky." I waved Laurence away and pushed off the wall. "I'm perfectly fine, just pretty tired. I'll be going now." He too, seemed reluctant about letting me leave. 'What's up with them? I'm perfectly capable of handling myself.' I made my way up the ladder and looked around. Dante was fighting a sparing dummy with his back in my direction.

'They do this to themselves.'

I snuck behind him without making much noise. There was a smaller sword lying on the ground. I picked it up and quickly slit all the latched to Dante's armor on his back. For a guard, he doesn't pay attention very well. I backed up into the previous room again. "Hey!" Dante turned his head to face me. I kept a grin on my face. "Someone said that you're an ass eater." He rolled his eyes and looked away, continuing to spar.

"Whaaaat? You didn't deny it! HEY LAURENCE, DANTE EATS ASS!" He snapped his head back around looking irritated. "Shut up Y/n." I was only smiling at him. "DANTE EATS ASS! DANTE EATS ASS!" He took a step towards me, when all him armor fell off. I bursted into a full fit of laughter before booking it down the ladder.

"Wha?!? Y/N WHAT THE NETHER DID YOU DO?!?" I was running down the hallway, passed a wide eyed Weirdo and skidded around the corner before then stopping in front of Garroth. "Dante eats ass." Garroth made a strangling noise before coughing on nothing in particular.

"D-Dante, what?????" I snorted once more before laughing. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. He just doesn't take pranks very well." It sounded like someone was barreling down the ladder with fast and heavy footsteps. "See you tomorrow!" I then sprinted out the door, it closed on its own and then opened right back a second later. Dante was right there looking pissed off, in an undershirt and the bottom half of his armor still on. "I'm gonna fucking strangle you!"

I made a hand jester with a cocky look on my face. "Come at me bro."

1356 words.