Chapter 36

Y/n POV:

   The rest of the day had been pretty tame after visiting Kawaii~chan. Of course Garroth had been acting weird, but it was a Garroth kind of weird so it wasn't that unsettling. He had long since went off on his duty, and Aphmau was in charge of walking the Dolls around town. I decided to go around collecting different color apples. The type didn't matter that much considering that this was just an easy way to pass the time.

   The sun was starting its set by the time I had filled a bag of both green and red, but only half a bag of yellow. I had dragged the red one over to Kiki, since her animals were more fond of those kind. "Yo Kiki!" She was up in her balcony area. Kiki's head popped over and waved at me, before she descended down the ladder. "Nice to see you Y/n, what brings you by?" I pointed over to the huge bag that was literally filled to the top. "Just giving you a random gift because I felt like it."

"Thank you, I really appreciate it. I was actually starting to run low on food, and going out to get more would be a hassle since Leona's birth date is closing in." I don't know who that is. "Leona ?" Kiki realized that I wasn't told of this person's existence. "Leona. That's the name I'm giving to my daughter." Oh, riiiiight. "Sounds pretty. I'll be seeing ya Kiki! And know I'm open to babysit anytime."

    "Bye Y/n, and I might take you up on that offer on a later date." I left out with a wave. Hmm, you know what would annoy Logan? 'Giving him something free without a reason. I should go do that.'

The plan was to just give them to Logan, but I hadn't noticed how late it had gotten. His booth had been closed down by the time I got there. I left the yellow apples with a note on it, just to be petty. I still had a whole bag of green apples left, but I had nothing to do with them. Kawaii~chan would more than likely take them for future baking projects. Aphmau should also be giving those dolls back to Kawaii~chan right about now.

~oOo~

     "Hey Blondie." Garroth was perched outside of Kawaii~chan's house. Through the window I could see both Aphmau and Dante inside, having a conversation. Garroth jumped out of his skin and snapped his helmet head in my direction. "L-lady Y/n! My apologies, you startled me." I nodded and walked past him into Kawaii~chan's house.

'He's been a lot more stutters and stuff lately.'

Kawaii~chan was in her basement sitting on the floor, with her dolls running around. "Hey KC, you feeling alright?" She looked up at me with a tired smile. "Hi Y/n-senpai. Kawaii~chan is perfectly fine, she is just tired. Is there anything Y/n-senpai needed?" I replied with a no and set the bag down near the kitchen area. "I just wanted to bring you a gift as a friendly jester. A bag full of green apples, most of them are Granny Smith. I remember an awesome fritter recipe I'd like to try with you some day!"

She clapped her hands a few times with the same tired smile. "That sound lovely Y/n-senpai! Kawaii~chan is thankful and she would love to try it with you when she is feeling better." Kawaii~chan dragged me down into a forced hug before letting me go. "Nice, I'll be leaving now. Bye Kawaii~chan!"

Walking back upstairs, Aphmau wasn't there anymore but Dante was staying around to watch KC. He had a small smirk against his face that was basically screaming, 'I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T!' I gave him a look as I passed by, in a way of saying that I was watching him. Dante only replied by looking off in another direction.

I gave an eye roll with opening the door. Surprisingly, Garroth was still out there just waiting. "Blondie, what are you still out here for? A guard's gotta sleep too." The armor was just slightly starting to annoy me. The dude has a pretty face, but he always covers it up like he's allergic to the sun. Back to the topic, Garroth had looked back at me. "Why? Oh, w-well I was just here to see if you would like me to walk you home? It's getting pretty late."

    I made an exaggerated, hurt jester. "What, did Aphmau not let you walk her and I'm the rebound?" He let out a laugh that sounded more forced than it should have. "It is not a case of rebounding, Lady Y/n. I'm asking you simply because your housing area is farther out than mosts." That reminded me of an unanswered question I long since had. "Where do you, Laurence and Dante stay? I haven't seen any other houses for you guys, neither have any of you mentioned a housed area."

    "We stay in the guard station. There are compacted bedding spaces on the second floor." Oh, that explains a lot. I look over to we're the sun was setting. 'When's Lucinda gonna get here?' She's supposedly gonna make a big ruckus and accidentally DROP her house on the ground. I heard someone clear their throats next to me.

Blondie was still standing there. Oh, I guess I never answered the guy. "Would you have me accompany you, Lady Y/n? It is much later than it once was." I laughed to myself and place a hand on his shoulder. "Thanks but, I can handle myself perfectly fine Blondie." He hummed something out before responding. "Right. Be safe again, Lady Y/n."

I waved him off and started walking in the direction of my house. "I will, I will. Goodnight to you too, Garroth." He did the same back before finally turning a heel to his sleeping quarters. I shook my head as I continued on the path.

'Aphmau's really missing out on that.'

Aphmau's POV:

I was watching the two from around the corner of Cadenza's house. Garroth was nervous earlier on whether he should ask her or not. He did end up doing it, but was turning down in as nice a manner Y/n can do. I shook my head as a sigh left from my mouth.

'Y/n is really missing out on that.'

1086 words.

I'm legit out of town right now for a competition, and stressed.