Chapter 47

Garroth POV:

The guards were in a startled panic in the dead of night, when a bright beam of light shot out from Kiki's barn. Me, Laurence & Dante swiftly cam up on the barn, them staying below an I went up her ladder. Kiki was lying on her bed, screaming in pain. Lady Y/n had taken the pendent out of it's stand and laid it on the bed next to Kiki. "Lady Y/n, what ha--" she cut me off and shoved me down the ladder.

"No time! Go get Aphmau, NOW!" I didn't question it and did as she said. I continued to knock of Lord Aphmau's door with urgency. She took some time to come down but was concerned and compliant. The beam had since left the sky by now and Kiki was no longer yelling when the both of us got back. I stayed below as Lord Aphmau went up to see the situation. "Get a good run, Garroth?"

Laurence had asked out of humor to bring some tension off. "Heh, not yet no." Everything got a lot less stressful as squealing and chatter was heard from the upper deck. Dante now held the pendent, which is no longer carrying a child in it. We don't know if it is dangerous or not, but have given it to Dante for the time being. Laurence gave a face of suspicion on 'how quickly' Dante asked to get the pendent.

I see no harm in wanting to care for others safety. Both Lord Aphmau and Lady Y/n came down the ladder. We informed them of the pendent's position and bid to talk more on the matter later. Lord Aphmau looked utterly tired even with the grin on her face, while Lady Y/n was here before we were. Had she even gone to sleep? Whatever the case is, we'll have to deal with it in the morning.

~oOo~

I had been preoccupied in the town plaza with the merchant(who's name we found to be Oliver) from the other day. We were in the plaza of discussing an area for him to set up his workplace/shop. along with the trade for materials. He is a nice guy and there aren't any problems with him nor does he have any complaints. Dante was physically setting up the actual merchant stand while I got the details of further business.

Lord Aphmau had come down and was waiting patiently for my attention. "Excuse me for one moment sir..." He nodded and I turned in her direction. "Good morning Lord Aphmau, I do apologies but at the moment I am discussing with the merchant right now in the discussion of materials for the wall. Is there something you needed my attention for?" Lord Aphmau proceeded to tell me of Katelyn coming to both her and Laurence with questions about the pendent.

Its quite alarming to think about. "I see... Hm, well I have a lot to say on the issue... but right now, let's keep that as something we can talk about in private. Let me finish up this discussion and we will have time for the matter later this night. My apologies my Lord." Lord Aphmau understood my concerns, keeping the matter quiet. Oliver and I continued our conversation as Lord Aphmau took Dante's presence into account and went to talk to him.

I distinctly heard the mention of fairy lights before the two of them headed off to Lord Aphmau's house.

Aphmau POV:

I was leading Dante to Zoey while giving him a little bit of information about her, since I don't think the both of them formally met before. we went into the basement of my house, and Y/n was in Zoey's room with her. The two of them had been talking before i came in, when Zoey acknowledged us coming in. "Ah! Aphmau, I was just getting some things to take to Kiki's. Is something the matter?"

"Uh, no actually. Let me introduce you to Dante, he is helping a merchant in town build a merchant booth(even though i already made some)," I was looking at Zoey but I noticed Y/n's eyes looking behind the both of us. Must be something Dante is doing, I couldn't see him from here. "And he is looking for fairy lights, so I figured that I would be able to help you and Dante get together. So you could sell him so--"

A white light flashed throughout the room as I let out a loud gasp. The necklace(that was once on Alexis) which was in its case, was no longer there. Dante no longer had the pendent and this glowing amulet thing was now in the middle of the room. "W-what is that?? Where did it come from?"

~oOo~

Many of us were piled into the guard station for the explanation of this, thing. Garroth was holding this meeting and had asked us all to come with urgency. "I've gathered you all here today because you are an expert in your field of craft. be it from travel experience, magicks, or witchcraft. Zoey may you please explain the series of event that lead to the creation of the amulet you see before us."

Zoey explained the story but she too was confused on it's creation. "Was it an accident?" Laurence suggested, not the while looking too convinced himself. Zoey shook her head. "I'm not sure, no one moved or caused anything to happen...I would have sensed something initiating. Those pendents came together as if they were waiting for this moment the whole time."

Laurence added on. "What's even more concerning is that one of the amulets happens to be the one that transformed Alexis into a grown woman, a Shadow Knight to be exact." Dale gave off his worry for his daughter. "...Is Alexis still a Shadow Knight, Laurence?" He gave back a clear answer. "From what I can tell, no. she WAS one yes, but she became one in an instant, through different means... Real Shadow Knights are not made like that... Not like that's anything to be proud of.."

We went quiet for a second before Garroth piped up again. "what the question comes down to is... is the amulet something we should hide, destroy, study, fear... what IS it exactly?" For a second it began to give off a weird noise, almost like a whisper. it gave me the chills. "Kawaii~chan has never seen anything like this before in her life." Kawaii~chan had pitched into the conversation.

Lucinda found that it was her turn to speak too. "...same. it's not even radiating some sort of magical aura." Laurence had his eyebrows furrowed from their responses. "Is that dangerous?" Logan had an answer, "It's not exactly dangerous but it can be... witches can sense one another's presence and the same with potions of great potency. What Lucinda is trying to say is that if someone wanted to do anything under our noses, we wouldn't even realize until it was too late."

"Logan is right," Zoey took over again. "There are plenty of magicks users in town plus Lucinda. One of us should have been able to feel this merging of pendents happening but it took us actually seeing the event to bring it to attention." Garroth asked his question again. "We just need to know what it is.... Does anyone have any ideas?" We all went quiet again for a minute.

" I have an idea,' Logan said breaking the silence. "It's a little unorthodox but... Garroth, may I bring someone from outside the village into this affair? I feel that he might prove to be useful." Garroth pondered for a second. "As long as you can vouch for them hen yes. You may." Logan instructed us to wait here as he left out to find the person her was talking about.

I then noticed Y/n standing a little ways behind me. "Y/n do you know what this is?" She blinked at me as everyone turned there attention over to her. She scanned everyone's faces as her own started to look more and more guilty as time went on. She finally rubbed her arm uncomfortably and looked away. "..No.... I don't." The rest of us shared looks as a bad feeling starting to form in my core.

1384 words.