Chapter 44

Garroth POV:

    The meeting did in fact only last ten minutes. Sleep was setting in as I made my way up the ladder of the guard station(to our occupied rooms). Dante wasn't far behind me when I stopped with slightly widened eyes at the scene before us. Lady Y/n had fallen asleep on the floor next to the sparing dummy. Her sword from earlier was there, but she seemed to have picked up and used a metal pole at some point.

    "Hey what's wro--" Dante came up next to me seeing what I stopped at. He snickered lightly to himself before patting my shoulder and going into his own room. That could have meant anything, so I chose it to mean nothing. I silently took off the remainder of my armor and placed it upon a stand, setting the forgotten helmet there too. I quietly went closer to her, picking her up in a bridal position.

Lady Y/n stirred for a second before resting again. The moon was much higher in the sky, casting a luminous glow all around the room, since all candles had been blown out. She looked overly peaceful for no exact reason. I cringed when the hinges of my door squeaked quite loudly. Lady Y/n didn't react as I let out a breath and softly placed her on the bed. Her arms and legs reacted to going into a fetal position.

I waited until she was done moving before placing the blanket over her. She calmed down once again and stayed still. I breathed out a low laugh and turned for the door. It closed with another noise from the hinges. There was no extra room, so my current option was to sleep in Laurence's. All our covers and sheets were meant to be washed tomorrow, so he shouldn't mind. I laid down on the bed spring and finally let myself relax since the beginning of the day. I could hear Dante snoring in his room, and Lady Y/n was silent as she slept.

I took one last note of how it was odd(since she normally make light sounds), before closing my eyes and drifted off.

~oOo~

I woke up per usual with the sun right above the horizon. I had to change my under clothes and was going to, before I remembered that this wasn't my room. I sighed realizing that it would have been easier to place Lady Y/n in Laurence's room, but my pride wasn't having it. I got off the bed and out of the room, slowly opening the door to my own as to not make much noise. What caused me to be concerned was that Lady Y/n was no longer in her bed.

'She might have woken up and left.' The thought went straight to my head as changed in my room instead. 'But has Y/n ever woken up this early before?' I was starting to get a bad feeling and I was done dress and reopened my door. "Dante get up already!!" I yelled out to him. I heard him let out a surprised sound and fall onto the floor. I rolled my eyes before seeing something pop up in my peripheral.

I snapped my head back in it's direction, before being extremely confused with bugged out eyes. Lady Y/n was sitting up on the bed rubbing her eyelids. 'WHAT THE NETHER?!' She was NOT there before. My face immediately went red since I had just been without clothing and had no recollection of her being there. She looked around before her eyes landed on me. Looking confused also. "...How did you get back in here?"

Lady Y/n just sat there for a second staring blankly. "....What?" I sighed out of frustration and embarrassment while rubbing my temple. "Never mind. You had fallen asleep on the ground again yesterday, so you were moved by me to a bed." I was expecting one of her retaliation speeches but all I got in return was, "...Ok." The answer made me suspicious but I didn't press that matter since it at least told me that she was just as confused as I was(and hadn't actually saw me without outfit.)

Y/n POV:

That was strange, like SUPER STRANGE. "He had threatened me that he would enter my dreams as I slept, and I only replied with 'Bring it on!' with a hand shake." Yesterday's encounter echoed in my head. I had actually seen Dante in my dream. He was interacting with the environment that same as I, but wouldn't respond to me. Either he was ignoring or couldn't see me. Eventually I found out that it was the latter, since I walked right through him without a reaction. It was creepy.

    And then I woke up to Garroth being all red in the face, half listening to what he was going on about. 'Amarion should know what happened.' I felt slightly nauseous as I stood up and walked out of the room. I had caught Garroth eying me a few times before he put his helmet on again. He must have noticed my behavior. I shrugged it off as a super weird dream and went on with the day. Garroth's lessons from last night helped a whole lot, and now I know guarding 101:! Or at least sparing 101. He mentioned something about learning if I work better from long distance or short distance.

    I hate confrontation and close one on one is a form of confrontation, so I guess long distance? I can shoot from a good few meters away, and that pole has some nice length to it. Dante could help some since he did just start guarding an actual village. The late night exercise had left my arms a little drained, but other than that I felt more energized than usual.

I felt compelled to build something, but no idea what exactly. Laurence, Cadenza & Aphmau are still in Mateli, Zoey is taking care of Levin & Malachi, and I can't mess with the guards for a second day in a row. An idea popped into my head as I made my way over to the housing area. Garroth was patrolling there with the stupid helmet as usual. I casually walked past him but grabbed it off his head. "YONK!"

    Garroth was startled as he felt his head for a second before turning to me, slightly agitated. "Lady Y/n, why must you do that?" I narrowed my eyes at him, walking backwards into Nicole's house. "What's the point in being called Blonde if no one can tell that you're blond?" I expected him to ask for it back, but instead he just sighed. "Alright, Lady Y/n. I'll stop putting it on in the village."

    I just blinked and stared at his back for a second as he continued to patrol. 'Weird.' I turned around going down to the basement. "Nicole, help me make a firework canon!"

1169 words.