Chapter 35

Aphmau's POV:

It was the day after last, when I had gone round the village to see what had changed. There was now a beautiful new wheat farm where the house Zane was staying in used to be, lots of trees were taken down for materials, and there is an AWESOME new guard tower near the docks! I'm so so SO proud of everyone and all the hard work they've been doing for the village! Today I was planning on surprising Malachi with a gift. Levin was getting way to big for his crib, so that had to be switched out. But now, Malachi has his own bed and toys to share in Levin's room also!

I really hope he likes it. Y/n had helped me pick out the right toys for him and everything! I just have to call them up now. "Levin, Malachi would you two come up here for a second?" It sounded like the two of them were running up the stairs. They walked in the room with Y/n right behind, having her phone out. "Surprise!!~" Malachi looked awestruck.

"...T-T-T-T-T-This is for me....?" he started crying after that. "Do you not like it?" Malachi was shaking his head and wiping his eyes. "no, it's wonderful... I was stuck inside that dark castle for so long alone that it's nice to share a room with my little brother... Um, thank you mamma...Thank you Y/n...Thank you so much. Can Levin and I play in here for today?" I had clasped my hands together while nodding. "Of course!" Malachi hugged my leg.

Y/n made an 'aww' sound before sounding surprised. Malachi had only given her a hug also. "Thank you for everything..." She looked down at him and patted his head. "No problem little dude."

We both walked downstairs, informing Zoey on Malachi's response. she was happy about it and told us she would be making mushroom soup later. I said bye, and Y/n followed me outside. Emma and Kyle had been out in the playground. Emma looked tired while watching him. Apparently Kawaii~chan had been making a rukus since midnight and Kyle hadn't been able to sleep. I offered her the guest room downstairs if he gets too tired. Emma thanked me and went back to watching her son.

Y/n and I were then just making our way to Kawaii~chan's house to check in on her summoning. She had asked me yesterday if I wanted to watch it happen, to which I agreed. Garroth walked out of the old guard station when we were about to pass it. A stupid idea came to mind, and I asked if Y/n wanted to check in with him as I went ahead. She shrugged in response and stopped in front of him, waving me on.

Yay.

Garroth's POV:

Lord Aphmau and Lady Y/n were walking by when I came out of the Guard station on a complaint. Lady Y/n shrugged her shoulders to something Lord Aphmau had said, and shifted her footing into my direction. "Hey." She said giving a slight wave to Lord Aphmau when she stopped. I wasn't exactly planning on running into her today.

"L-Lady Y/n! I'm sorry, you kind of caught me by surprise...I wasn't expecting to see you on my duty." She made the snorting laugh noise from yesterday, which I in fact found pleasing. "Well I mean, I've sorta been running around with Aphmau to pass the time." Oh, that is true. "Ah, yes I suppose you do run round everyday...um, so yes..." I'm digging my own grave here with all the nervousness.

I was trying my hardest not to start fidgeting, while Lady Y/n was rocking back and forth on her heals. "So, Aphmau had asked me to see what you were up too." I nodded, thankful that the atmosphere hadn't picked up on my shaky vibes. "Ah, yes I had gotten a disturbance report from Correy that Kawaii~chan had been making a lot of noise since midnight last night. I'm going to investigate and see if she can keep it down a bit."

A small smile played against Lady Y/n's lips. "Kawaii~chan was practicing her animation magics. Me and Aphmau were just heading over there to see her summon one of her little maids." I gave an understanding nod. "I see... but she really should practice that in the day time. Not when everyone is sleeping." She had seemed to somewhat agree with me. "Well, can I just tag along with you since I was going there anyways?"

I felt a fluttering sense in my stomach and mouth went dry. "C-Come with me? Um, just you and I, together...? Um...s-sure! We can go." That sounded somewhat desperate in my opinion, but I was at the very least glad Lady Y/n hadn't caught on to the tone of voice. I extended out my arm for her to hold and leaned forward in a bowing manner, trying not to look stiff. Lady Y/n confused for a second, before she burst into a look of embarrassment that caused my chest to set ablaze on itself.

"No, no, no, no, no, no! That is wayyyy to formal for my taste, Blondie! Hah, sorry I don't want to seem rude, but that was not what I was thinking when I asked the question." Lady Y/n wore an embarrassed smile while the rims of her ears were tinted in a bright pink. I myself am confused as to why this type of treatment is foreign to her. Someone of her character should be treated as such deliberately. But if this were what she were used too, I might not have ever met such a rose in the first place.

I straightened my composure with a light cough. "My apologies, Lady Y/--"

"That too." She cut me off while looking elsewhere. "Another formality. I had first said it to you to be jokingly, but you say it as if it were my first name. Just Y/n is fine, Garroth." The pink had turned into a red, glowing as it seemed almost painful. Not nearly as painful as the swelling and heat rise I felt within my armor chest cavity and helmet. Lady Y/n hadn't called me by my actual name in a long while.

'What this woman does to me, is so frustrating and yet so fascinating.'

She seemed almost tense from her last statement. I thought of a way to cheer her up, at least a little. "*Ahem* Alright then....Ms. L/n." Lady Y/n scoffed and pushed my shoulder. "Don't make me sound old! I'm younger than you are! Geez, sir Garroth. If you're so comfortable with it, its better than making me sound like some old lady." Lady Y/n was shaking her head at me, but a close eyed smile over came here features, while the burn of here ears went away.

"Well come on, Blondie. Kawaii~chan isn't going to wait all day for us."

1255 words.

I'm procrastinating and won't make any new draft chapters. I normally have 10 at the ready, but now I only have one......