Chapter 16

Garroth POV:
(Lets rewind)

     I suddenly became really flustered after Lady Y/n gave me another one of those flower crowns. She gave one to everyone, I don't understand what's this all even about. Lady Y/n then looked like she was about to ask something, when Lord Aphmau called her down to the docks. I watched from up above to make sure Lady Y/n, Kiki and Lord Aphmau left alright.

     Laurence had walked up also to watch. The three were about to leave, when Brendon came up. Him and Aphmau seemed to talk for a second, when Y/n started tossing flowers on him. I laughed softly with my helmet still off. I thought there was an echo in my ears, before I realized it was coming from Laurence.

    I didn't say anything though. I had zoned out for a second, but came back when I saw Y/n slyly waving at the both of us. I randomly felt like I had been caught doing something wrong, so I quickly stepped away from her view. I started feeling like Laurence was copying me, because he stepped back along with me. I couldn't really tell if this is on purpose or accident, until Laurence gave me the same look I was giving him. One that said, 'The fuck are you doing?'

    Cadenza had walked back to her house with Cookie and Levin. Me and Laurence just stayed in front of Aphmau's house for a while. I could sort of guess where this was going. "So Garroth, what was your reason for watching them leave off?" It should be obvious to him, since I'm the head guard. "To make sure they had all of their supplies, and the boat was stable."

   Laurence had started walking around the front lawn in almost a taunting manner. "Are you sure that was the only reason? Your hand automatically reached up to the flower crown after I asked that." 'Shit, it did.' I took my hand off of my head, taking the well made crown off also. "Your point is?" I asked him a little unsettled by the situation. "Just trying to see if maybe, I don't know....Y/n was the reason for your out of character actions..."

    'What?' "I don't understand what you're talking about. I was worried about the safety of Lord Aphmau and her companions." It felt slightly embarrassing answering the random question. Laurence only laughed at me with a hint of agitation in his voice. "You might not realize it yet, but we are both fighting for the same girl.......again." That was all he said before leaving. I looked back down at the blue flower crown one more time, before putting my helmet on and placing it on top of that.

    Laurence was making me confused over it all. I thought he liked Aphmau. I thought I liked Aphmau. She's my Lord, I have to at least feel something towards her. Now I don't even know what I'm feeling. I'll sort this all out once they get back.

Laurence POV:

     I was slightly upset over the fact that this was gonna happen again. Me and Garroth have brotherly bonds now, and we just learned to cope with each other being in love with Aphmau. Now, we both like Y/n, but that clown is too dense to realize it yet. When he finally does, it's back to the stuttering ball of mess, that women fall for. While I'm still titled as the Casanova, with no real love ambition.

    I made my way over to Cadenza's house to try and not freak out as much. I just realized that I liked her yesterday, and now I'm acting like a 12 year old who just hit puberty. I knocked once, and was then immediately pulled inside. Cadenza had the same smile like Aphmau did yesterday. I had gotten a little worried that Aphmau had told someone. 

     Cadenza had read me like an open book. "Relax, Laurence. No one spilled any secrets. But I do know why you're here." She started dragging me down to the basement. Sitting us both down on the floor across from each other. "So, who's the mother?" I was not expecting that question. "E-excuse me?" Cadenza has serious about this to the bone. "Who's the mother?"

    I went into a fit of rambling. Head shaking, arm moving, palm sweating rambles. Cadenza then snapped her fingers getting my attention back. "Since I'm not gonna be an auntie, who's the girl you like then?" I crossed my arms in front of me. "Nope. Not telling you. You'll just try to 'help'. All I can say is that Garroth likes her two and it's gonna get very complicated later on. What do I do?"

    Cadenza pressed against her chin in thought. "The most basic thing to do, is tell her before Garroth does. That gives her a better change on considering dating you over him." I took a mental note as we continued on with the conversation. Night soon fell over us, and I bid Cadenza goodbye for now. I felt more confident about the situation. Even if it wasn't much.

839 words.