lost boy | nolan holloway

"i'm just a lost boy ready to be found."

NOLAN HOLLOWAY was known for his— 'psychotic tendencies'. He feared the world of supernatural in Beacon Hills and therefore found it hard to accept them. Living in a town where anything could happen drove his brain into overdrive thinking of what these creatures could do to him. He was already an outcast at Beacon Hills High School, he'd lost the only person he'd thought of as a friend and found himself slowly going crazy.

Until you appeared on his doorstep one, dull and dreary afternoon asking for his help with the mathematics homework. Nolan thought he was hallucinating but you walked straight into his bedroom and made yourself at home with your textbooks.

"Are you going to help me or what?" You asked.

Nolan had no words, he wondered why one of the most popular girls in Beacon Hills High School was in his home asking for his help. Especially since he wasn't popular at all.

"Don't you have friends who can help you? Like Mason and Corey?" Nolan asked, stepping towards you nervously.

"They're probably busy making out or something." You shrugged.

And so, a new bond was formed. If you hadn't of shown up at his home that day, you wouldn't have become best friends. Although an unlikely friendship, the boy who was scared of everything and the popular girl, they made others in BHHS jealous of the new friendship.

When Nolan asked you one day why you'd chosen him out of all people you told him the truth. You were tired of the other 'popular' kids in the school, and you'd always seen him around — no one had given him a chance and you'd decided to. Of course you left one of the most important reasons out, that you found him to be incredibly attractive, you found it weird how no one else felt the same.

As the months passed by and you became closer to him, he came out of his shell— he'd transformed from the shy, nervous boy who would flinch if one of the older boys tried to talk to him to someone who would stand up for himself and he stood taller now. He was more confident, and he thanked you for that.

One day whilst you were sat on the lacrosse bleachers with him at lunch time, he turned to face you, his ocean blue eyes gazing into yours, "y/n... I know I say it a lot, but thank you for being here, for being my friend. I was lost before you found me, and I thank my lucky stars every night that you came to me that day."

He opened his mouth slightly as if he was going to say something else, but his lips closed quickly as he looked down at his hands in his lap.

You reached over and placed your hand over his, "you don't have to thank me. Your friendship is enough for me... besides, I should thank you for putting up with me, I was pretty bossy when I stormed into your home that day."

Nolan chuckled softly, "yeah... but you've changed."

"You calm me, Nolan." You replied, smiling as he finally looked up to face you.

"There's something I haven't told you." He said quietly, biting his bottom lip nervously.

You looked at him, "what is it?"

"I don't want to ruin our friendship... but there's this feeling I've been getting every time I'm around you, and I can't stop thinking about you whenever we aren't together." He sighed, running his hand through his dark blonde hair, feeling extremely nervous.

"Nolan... I feel the same way." You admitted.

"Y-you do?" He asked, stunned.

"I was just scared you wouldn't feel the same. But yes, I really like you. I feel like we have some sort of connection, you know?" You said as your fingers absentmindedly intertwined with his.

"Normally we wouldn't work, right? But somehow we do." Nolan smiled.

He leaned towards you slowly, hesitating slightly as his eyes flickered up to yours as if to ask for permission, you nodded as he closed the distance and kissed you.

When he pulled away neither of you could stop smiling, "you really make me happy, you know that, right?" Nolan asked.

"I know... and you make me happy too." You smiled before pulling him back towards you and kissing him again.

ugh i love nolan/froy so much it hurts