is she the one? | stiles stilinski

it was no secret to everyone apart from stiles that you had a crush on him, scott could hear your heart beat quicken whenever stiles was near you and the others easily figured it out— yet stiles was oblivious.

you'd been best friends with stiles for years, but once you started senior year your feelings began to change for him.

something about him made your heart race whenever he walked into a room, his lopsided smile made your stomach flip and you were one of the only ones that understood his sarcastic jokes.

despite your new feelings for stiles, there was one obstacle, lydia martin. the girl he had been in love with since the third grade, and was still in love with. you knew this, and even tried to persuade lydia to date him at one point.

now everything was different and you had no idea what to do, you couldn't stop thinking about stiles but you didn't want to ruin your friendship with him because it meant too much to you.

you'd even consulted scott but he didn't know how to help since he didn't want you to get hurt if he didn't feel the same.

one day during lunch, you were sat with the pack, and everyone's eyes were drawn to stiles who was walking towards them with lydia who was laughing and smiling at something he'd said. all of them turned to look at you to see your reaction, but you simply sighed and continued eating your lunch.

scott placed his hand over yours comfortingly, giving you a reassuring smile.

as stiles took a seat next to liam, the smile on his face didn't disappear, "so... guess who has a date this friday with a pretty strawberry blonde?"

liam looked away, as the others remained quiet.

"guys?? hello??" stiles said, looking around at his friends until his eyes landed on you, "y/n?"

"i'm happy for you, stiles." you gave him a slight smile as your heart broke inside.

"thanks, y/n! at least someone cares." he narrowed his eyes at scott.

"i'm happy for you too, man. this is all you've ever wanted." scott said.

"yeah." stiles grinned.

mason and corey exchanged a knowing look before looking over at you, "hey y/n, you're still coming to study with us... right now?"

"huh?" you asked, before they looked behind you at lydia who was heading back to the table with her lunch, "oh, yeah, of course! how could i forget?"

"see you later, y/n?" stiles asked, looking after you as you left the table.

"sure." you replied, before walking away with your friends.

"we guessed you wouldn't want to be around them whilst they're in a loved-up state." corey said.

"i guess you're right." you shrugged, looking back to see lydia sitting besides stiles who had wrapped his arm around her.

"i don't understand why she wants to date him now after all these years." mason wondered out loud.

"i don't know." you sighed as you walked into the library, sitting opposite mason and corey, grabbing one of your text books to study from.

when the bell rang to signal the end of lunch, you headed to your next class which unfortunately was one of the many you shared with stiles.

"hey, y/n!" stiles smiled as he slung his bag to floor and slid into the desk next to you.

"hey." you mumbled.

"you okay?" he asked, looking concerned.

"yeah, i'm fine, stiles." you said, keeping your eyes on the board as the teacher wrote down what you were going to learn during class.