she doesn't remember [2] | stiles stilinski

Mason wasn't going to give up on you.

It had been months since the accident that left you with no memory of the pack or the supernatural.

Mason had spent these months carefully becoming close to you again, but it wasn't easy sneaking around so that the others didn't see him with you.

You began trusting Mason and seeing him as a great friend, there was something familiar about him but you couldn't place what it was. You were just happy to have a friend as you didn't seem to have many left, but the accident had meant that you couldn't remember if you ever had any to begin with.

One night when yourself and Mason stayed behind in the school library to study he seemed nervous.

"Everything okay?" You asked as you stopped writing notes.

"Y-yeah." Mason nodded.

When you went back to writing notes Mason grabbed another book out of his bag and flipped through the pages, "y/n... have you ever seen this book before?"

You looked up, scanning the book, "I don't think so..." you trailed off as he stopped on a page with a huge beast-like creature, you turned the book towards you and looked through.

"Where did you get this book from?" You asked.

"It was passed down to me." He shrugged, it was slightly true, Scott had given it to him to study to learn about the supernatural.

You looked through the pages, stopping when something caught your eye, it was a photograph of people from your school... looking closer you swore you could see yourself in the photograph, "is that... is that me?" You paused for a moment, looking at how happy everyone was, how happy you were. A boy standing next to you with messy brown hair wearing a red flannel shirt was looking at you instead of at the camera, he seemed to be captivated.

"Were these my friends?" You asked slowly, ever since the accident you'd tried so hard to remember anything.

"They still are, well... should be." He added.

"What do you mean?" You were more confused than ever.

Ever since you'd met Mason you thought there was something he was holding back from you, this must've been it.

"Well... its complicated." He sighed.

"Tell me." You insisted.

"Alright..." he nodded, wondering how to explain, "you were apart of our... group, before the accident, and they all decided it was best to not help you regain your memories because it was safer, but I didn't want that..."

Frowning, you stared at him, "safer? What are you talking about?"

"You see this?" Mason asked, pointing to the beast-like figure on the page, "they're real," he pointed to Scott, Malia and Liam, "see those three? They're werewolves and werecoyotes."

You stared at him as if he'd gone mad, "werewolves? Really?"

"I'm not joking, y/n... please, you have to remember something? Scott is the alpha... Stiles is one of your closest friends, me? We were best friends, y/n... I'm not giving up on you." He insisted.

"Then why aren't they here? Helping me?" You asked, suddenly becoming upset that your supposed friends didn't want to help you.

"Oh trust me, they would, but they also don't want you to get hurt again, if you're associated with us you immediately become a target." He explained.

You shook your head, wanting to argue with him about why they stayed away from you but you were also angry with yourself for not remembering.

After a moment of silence and Mason staring at you sadly, you finally spoke.