childhood crush | stiles stilinski

Moving back to Beacon Hills was something you'd been wishing to do since your parents took you away from the town aged 10. You begged them to let you stay because you'd miss your friends, Scott and Stiles, but despite your protests they still left.

A few days before the summer ended and you were about to start Senior Year, you finally moved back now that you were old enough to live alone.

After moving into your new small apartment you decided to walk around the neighbourhood you grew up in. Surprisingly, you bumped into a familiar face.

"Y/n? Is that you?" A deep voice asked, turning around you were faced with Noah, or the Sheriff, as everyone else called him.

"Hi, Mr Stilinski." You smiled, feeling relieved to see a familiar face.

"It's been so long! What brings you back?" He asked.

"To be honest, I just missed it here." You replied, smiling.

"Well, I'm sure everyone here has missed you too! Say, if you're not doing anything tonight, how about you come over for dinner?" He asked, knowing his son still wasn't over you despite the years that passed.

"I'd love to." You replied, secretly hoping you'd get to see his son again, but you knew he'd probably be busy with Scott as he usually was.

You literally skipped home with excitement, getting ready before heading to the Stilinski household. You felt nervous yet excited at the same time, you hadn't seen Stiles since you left and even when you were only 10 you had feelings for him that never quite went away.

Once you arrived at their home, Noah immediately welcomed you inside with open arms and to the aroma of something incredibly satisfying filling the air.

"Dinner will be ready soon, why don't you take a seat on the couch? Can I get you anything to drink?" He asked as he followed you into the living room.

"Just water." You replied, taking a seat on their couch. As you looked around, their home still looked exactly the same as it did when you were younger, nothing had changed.

When Noah came back into the living room with two glasses of water you both talked about why you came back and how life had been for the both of you for the past few years. It was a pleasant conversation until you were interrupted by someone poking their head through the door.

Noah looked up at his son who was staring at you, "son, this is y/n, y/n l/n, you remember her right?" Noah introduced you but you couldn't stop staring at how much Stiles had changed. He'd definitely gained a lot of muscle and his buzzcut became a mop of messy brown hair that you desperately wanted to run your fingers through but you quickly shook the thought out of your head.

"I know." He replied, a grin plastered across his face as he stared at you. He knew it was you as soon as he heard your voice, and looking at you now you were still as beautiful as he remembered.

"Hi, Stiles." You smiled softly as he stepped into the living room.

"Hey, y/n." He replied, running his hand through his hair nervously.

"So, dinner?" Noah asked, glancing between the two of you as you couldn't stop staring at each other.

"Uh, yeah." Stiles nodded, distractedly.

During dinner no one spoke for a while until Noah spoke, "so, y/n, you've been gone for so long, has there been or is there anyone special in your life?"

You nearly choked on your food as Stiles' eyes widened, "you can't ask her that, dad!" He nearly yelled.

"Why not?" His dad asked, grinning at his son.

Stiles shook his head and put his head in his hands.

"No, there isn't." You replied, blushing slightly.

Stiles immediately removed his hands from his face, "there isn't?"

"Nope, there hasn't been anyone in my life like that..." you sighed, "at least not yet." You added, glancing quickly at Stiles before he could notice.

"I'm sure you'll find them soon." Noah smiled, noticing the looks between yourself and Stiles.

After finishing dinner, the Sheriff suggested you and Stiles both go and hang out like you usually did in his room.

Following him upstairs, Stiles seemed extremely nervous.

Neither of you spoke as you both sat on his bed, unsure of what to say after all this time apart.

"So, uh... y/n?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"There really hasn't been anyone special in your life?" He asked, scratching his neck nervously.

"No, not at all." You replied, unsure why he was asking again.

"Well, uh, before you left Beacon Hills I was always kind of in love with you and it never went away." He admitted, his cheeks turning pale pink.

"You... you are?" You asked, shocked.

"Yeah... I'm sorry to tell you now but I just needed to tell you- I made myself a promise that if you ever came back I'd tell you." He replied, still blushing profusely.

"I'm glad you did, Stiles... I'm in love with you too." You reached over and took hold of his hand, squeezing it lightly.

He didn't say anything, and instead a smile lit up his face. Neither of you had to say anything, it was a perfect moment and you knew from that moment on both of your lives would change forever.

someone requested this so here you go :)