safe | scott mccall

You'd been dating Scott for four months now and it seemed to be going pretty well until a new supernatural threat appeared.

He'd told you about the supernatural a month into the relationship when he knew he wanted it to be something that would last a long time.

"Now that you know about the supernatural and the dangers, I want to promise you something," he'd said, holding your hand as you both sat on his bed, "I promise I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

Now, in the middle of a fight with the towns newest threat, hunters, you were trying your hardest to stop them.

But one of the hunters outsmarted you and made you stumble backwards as they shoved their gun in front of you.

You felt arms wrap around you, holding you up as a loud growl came from behind you.

Scott.

"I told you," He said as he holds onto you, "I promised to keep you safe..." he trailed off before letting you go and running towards the hunter, sinking his claws into them.

You looked around to see Malia and Kira still fighting them off until there were none left, you all gathered together and sighed in relief as the threat was now gone.

Scott walked over to you and the others who were in a small circle, he smiled widely as you ran towards him, ready to wrap your arms around your boyfriend until a loud gunshot echoed through the air and Scott clutched his side.

Your smile fell and you immediately rushed over to him as he knelt to the floor, "Scott?!" You yelled, crouching in front of him.

He looked at you with horror in his eyes as he removed his hands that were covered in blood. You pulled your jacket off and pressed it against his wound, "get Stiles!" You yelled to Malia.

Stiles was waiting nearby with his jeep as your designated ride, soon the sound of his tires on the dry leaves could be heard and he screeched to a stop by the two of you.

He jumped out of his jeep and ran around to the both of you, helping you lift Scott into the backseat of the jeep.

You got in besides him and kept pressing the jacket onto his wound to stop the blood loss whilst Stiles got back into the drivers seat and drove to Deaton's.

"You better not be bleeding out everywhere, I swear!" Stiles shouted.

"Kinda can't help it when I've just been shot, Stiles." Scott muttered, his face looked pale from the loss of blood.

"It's going to be okay, Scott, I promise." You whispered to him, pushing back his hair that was plastered to his face from sweat.

His breathing became haggard and he looked up at you, his dark brown eyes filled with pain, "if I don't make it..."

"No." You shook your head, cutting him off, "you will make it, don't think like that, Scott."

"But if I don't..." he trailed off as you glared at him.

"Scott, you will make it." You said, not letting him say anything he wouldn't have said otherwise.

"Alright, we're here!" Stiles exclaimed, quickly getting out of the jeep and opening the door to the backseat.

He helped you get Scott out and you slung one of his arms around your shoulder whilst Stiles put his other arm around his shoulder.

Stiles shoved the door of the vets open and yelled for Deaton who quickly came rushing out, helping with Scott.

Stiles and Deaton carried him to the operating table and placed him down, Deaton examining the wound as he told Stiles what equipment he needed.

You watched as your heart raced, worried for Scott.

"Y/n... would you like to leave? It's not going to be a pretty sight." Deaton said, looking at you sympathetically.

"N-no." You shook your head, stepping closer to the metal table and reaching for Scott's hand. His hand immediately squeezed yours.

Meanwhile Stiles had gone pale at the sight of blood, "Stiles, you might want to sit down."

Stiles nodded, leaving the room.

The area around Scott's wound was turning a weird colour, "they must've used wolfsbane in their bullets to cause this discolouration..." Deaton muttered to himself as he extracted the bullet carefully.

Then he applied a cream to the wound that seemed to take affect right away.

"You should be fine now, Scott." Deaton said as he washed his hands.

Scott struggled to sit up, you helped him sit up and wrapped your arms around him, hugging him close to you.

"You're okay." You whisper as you rest your head on his shoulder.

"I guess you were the one who kept me safe." He chuckled lightly.

"I guess I was." You smiled as you pulled away from him but he pulled you back, cupping his hands on your cheeks and pressing his lips against yours.

"I didn't get to tell you on the way here since you wouldn't let me... but I love you, y/n." Scott said as he pulled away, resting his forehead against yours.

Your heart fluttered inside your chest as he said those three words, "I love you too, Scott."