falling in love again | stiles stilinski

"Y/n..." he turned to you in his bedroom, "I can't continue like this anymore, it's driving me crazy."

"What is, Stiles?" You asked, you looked down and saw his hands start to shake.

"I don't want this," he gestured between the both of you, "we're growing apart, y/n, we both know it..."

"What do you mean?" You asked quietly, your heart breaking at the words you were hearing.

His hands curled into fists as he spoke, "this isn't working..."

"What? Is something wrong, Stiles? If there is we can work through it together-" you trailed off as he clenched his jaw.

"I just don't love you anymore!" He yelled, but he immediately regretted the words that poured out of his mouth when he saw tears streak down your cheeks.

*3 months later*

Stiles had ignored you for three months, you had done the same to him. But there were times when you definitely couldn't ignore each other, he sat behind you in most classes because you liked being near each other in lessons, but now it was too late in the year to change seats.

His mind wandered during class as the words of the teacher blurred together, he tried to focus but he kept looking at the girl sitting in front of him, you.

He found himself falling back in love with the girl sat in front of him, the way she tucked her hair behind her ears, the small details he noticed that he loved before.

He passed her locker after class and shoved a note inside, hoping you'd see it.

You approached your locker and saw the note that you picked up and opened, smiling slightly.

"Y/n,
Can we please meet on the lacrosse field at lunch? I miss you.
Stiles."

You decided to give him a chance, you couldn't stop thinking about him since the break-up but you needed to be prepared for whatever he was going to say.

After the bell rang in class you grabbed your bag and rushed out into the corridor, you headed for the lacrosse field and you saw someone sat on the bleachers.

When he saw you his face lit up, "y/n!"

"Hey, Stiles." You approached him gingerly since the last time you'd seen him he had yelled some harsh words.

"Um, I don't know how to say this but I'm really sorry... I'm sorry for saying everything I said to you, I can't stop thinking about you." He looked into your eyes with his whiskey brown eyes.

"Oh," you said, "I wasn't expecting you to say that..."

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know, I mean you obviously meant what you said..." you started to regret talking to him now, there was some part of you that had hoped he wanted to try again.

He rubbed his face with his hands like he did when he was frustrated, "That... that was a moment of pure anger, y/n... I really shouldn't have said any of that to you. The truth is I'm so deeply in love with you and I can't believe that I said all of that to you. I was angry at myself because I thought I'm not good enough for you, and I still think that but seeing you around school I'm still in love with you."

"You don't, Stiles, you just think you do." You sighed.

"No, y/n... I do mean it, I just... I needed you to think I didn't to make it easier." He gazed at you with his honey brown eyes and you looked away.

"To make what easier?" You asked, your voice cracking slightly.

"Being with me makes you a target, y/n... anyone associated with me or Scott ends up getting hurt and I don't want that." His hands began to shake again and you stepped forward and took hold of his hands.

"Why didn't you tell me, Stiles?" You asked sadly.

"Because I don't want to lose you, it's better you not being with me and alive than with me and..." he trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

"Oh, Stiles..." you squeezed his hands and then wrapped your arms around him, his hands automatically wrapped around your back and pulled you closer to him.

"I'm so sorry, y/n... it broke me to tell you that I didn't love you... because I do, I still love you." He muttered into your ear.

"I still love you, Stiles." You mumbled into his shirt as he held you against him.

"Can we please try again? It hurts me not being with you." He pouted as he pulled away from you.

You chuckled lightly, "of course." You stood on your tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

"I've missed you." He smiled softly.

"I've missed you too, Stiles."