alone [2] | isaac lahey

still sat on the lacrosse field you flipped through your textbook, unable to focus after your conversation with isaac. you hated how it had planned out but you weren't ready to forgive him for ignoring you the past few months, even if you did have a slight crush on him.

you had two hours of study periods so you stayed outside on the lacrosse bleachers, the sun was beating down on you so you took off your leather jacket.

taking out your notepad you began to make notes for a test you had to study for, even if you weren't concentrating on the words you were actually writing.

meanwhile, isaac was watching you from across the lacrosse field, debating on whether he should join you or not. he didn't want you to run away again but he didn't know how to explain why he'd completely abandoned you. everyday that went past whilst he was with scott his mind would always drift off and he'd think about you, but there was always some kind of supernatural problem getting in the way. even though you knew he was a werewolf he still couldn't explain it without it sounding like he didn't even try to make time for you.

eventually the bell for second lesson rang but he watched as you continued to study. even from far away he thought you looked like the most beautiful girl on the planet, but he'd never had the courage to tell you.

he curled his hands into fists and closed his eyes, "just do it, lahey." he muttered to himself before walking towards you on the lacrosse field.

he reached you within minutes and soon a shadow fell over your book, you didn't look up, "you're blocking the sunlight." you simply stated.

"y/n." isaac said, crouching down to your level.

your heart fluttered as he said your name, you looked at him and furrowed your eyebrows, "can i help you?"

"yes... i want to apologise, for everything. for ignoring you, for not making time for you- i hate myself for doing that to you." he said, seemingly apologetically.

"are you really sorry? because every time i saw you with scott you looked much happier than when you were with me." you sighed, closing your book and staring at the boy in front of you.

"just because i smiled a lot doesn't mean anything, y/n. i was just trying to be friendly, i had to otherwise they'd think i didn't want to help them." isaac tried to explain.

"help them with what?" you snapped, "what's more important than spending time with your best friend?"

isaac was speechless, of course he wanted to be with you, but he had responsibilities to protect beacon hills and he was doing it solely to protect you, and that's exactly what he told you.

"y/n, i had to help them to protect our town, okay? i had to stay away from you because there's people out there that could really hurt you if they found out just how much you meant to me... i don't know what they'd do." he looked down suddenly, avoiding eye contact.

your heart skipped a beat as he spoke, you shook your head, "i hate you so much, isaac lahey." you immediately regretted the words that came spilling from your lips as you saw the hurt that crossed his face when you said them.

"no... no you don't." he whispered.

"but i do- you know what the worst part is? i hate that i'm so in love with you." you averted his gaze as his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"you love me?" he asked, a dash of hope in his voice.

"y-yes... but that doesn't matter, isaac. you could never love me back." your voice cracked but isaac didn't flinch, instead he reached out and cupped your cheek with his hand.

"who says i couldn't? i'm so madly in love with you, y/n, i've just been an idiot who didn't realise what i was risking by helping scott." he admitted.

"you're not an idiot, isaac." you smiled slightly.

a small smile crept across his face as he looked at you hopefully, "will you ever forgive me?"

"i think i can." you nodded, isaac leaned towards you slowly and kissed you, you automatically kissed him back and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"i promise i'll never leave you again." he said as he pulled away.

"i think i can live with that." you smiled before kissing him again.

they've officially wrapped teen wolf and idk how to feel :(