reminding me | lydia martin

"she keeps reminding me, that you're still gone."

Being the sister of Allison Argent led to you being the only Argent left in Beacon Hills when your father left to go to Paris with Isaac Lahey, you'd decided to stay with your friends.

You'd been a part of the McCall pack since you and your sister first arrived in Beacon Hills, but when she died it was hard to see them everyday. You never doubted that it hurt them too, every time they saw you they were reminded of her.

But there was another reason you drifted away from the pack, Lydia Martin. She was your sisters best friend and the girl you'd fell in love with, but every time you saw her you'd be reminded of Allison which hurt the most.

You were a hunter like Allison, helping the pack out all of the time with supernatural threats, but after she died that became a thing of the past too until Scott approached you one afternoon.

Sat on your own in the library you noticed a shadow over your text book, looking up you were met with the towering figure of Scott McCall, "can I sit here?" He gestured to the empty seat opposite you, you nodded as he sat down, avoiding eye contact.

"So... y/n..." he said quietly, getting his textbooks out, "I know you don't want to hang out with us anymore, and I don't know if it's because of Allison or something else but we really miss you... and we could really use your help."

You looked up at him, meeting his puppy dog eyes, "you need my help?"

He nodded, "I wouldn't ask if we weren't desperate..." he trailed off, noticing your expression.

"No," You said simply, looking back at your books, "I can't, sorry, Scott."

With that Scott got up and turned to leave, then he turned back, "We miss her too, and so does Lydia." He said before walking away.

Hearing her name made your heart flutter, most of the time you managed to avoid seeing her in school but when you did your heart would always race because you were still in love with her.

The night came and you were sat on your bed, trying to concentrate on your homework.

Knowing that your friends needed you at that moment was distracting you from the questions in front of you, instead you stood up and walked into the room your father had left unlocked but was for 'emergencies only'.

You opened the door to a large office room, walking over to the desk you lifted the top and revealed a large array of weapons. Only one caught your eye, you gingerly reached over and picked up a sleek, black bow. Allison's.

A bag of arrows were left in one of the cupboards that you took out and slung over your shoulder.

You were going to help your friends.

***

Scott was in the middle of fighting the newest threat, the hunters, he was struggling to fight one of them off when an arrow flew past him and impaled the hunter. He quickly turned around and saw you standing in the distance, for a moment you looked exactly like Allison with her bow and arrow. His heart almost skipped a beat until he realised that it was you.

Meanwhile, Lydia was using her newly found banshee powers to fight one of the hunters, you watched in awe as you'd never seen her use them before.

The hunter flew backwards from her banshee scream.

"Wow." You said in awe, causing Lydia to turn and face you.

"Y/n?" She asked, nearly thinking you were Allison.

You nodded as her face flickered with a range of emotions, sadness and a hint of happiness that you'd come to help the pack.

There was no time to talk as another hunter ran towards Lydia, you quickly pulled an arrow from your bag and aimed it at the hunter, firing without hesitation.

Lydia stared at you in awe, "you- you saved me."

You smiled sadly, looking around at the casualties of all of the injured or dead hunters, Scott and the rest of the pack began to leave as their job was done, leaving the two of you alone.

"I'm sorry for abandoning you, Lydia... I was selfish to think I was the only one who was hurting." You said after a moment of silence.

Lydia let out a deep breath, "you don't have to apologise, she was your sister."

"But she was your best friend, and I shouldn't have forgotten that." You admitted, you didn't want to push your friends away anymore.

Lydia smiled softly, "it's okay, y/n, I promise."

"It's not, Lyds... I abandoned everyone when she died," it hurt to say but you carried on, "and I just want to say that I'm sorry..." you decided now was the best time to tell Lydia why you had ignored her, "there were other reasons too, mainly because now I have to face my feelings for you, Allison made me promise to tell you how I felt so here goes- I'm in love with you, Lydia Martin."

Lydia's green eyes widened as she registered what you'd just told her, without saying anything she stepped closer to you and pressed her lips against yours. Without hesitation you wrapped your arms around her waist as she cupped your face with her hands.

She pulled away after a moment, "I love you too, y/n."

idk, i was inspired by the song 'reminding me' by shawn hook and vanessa hudgens, i know it's about something different but i hope this imagine makes sense :)