confusion | isaac lahey

isaac approached your bedroom door, ready to surprise you until he overheard a part of your conversation with lydia.

"...i love stiles..." he didn't hear what you said before or after those words as he tuned out.

his heart broke and he hastily left your house, but he accidentally stood on one of the creaky floorboards as he ran downstairs.

"isaac?" you shouted, you hung up on lydia after telling her you had to go, you ran downstairs and saw your door open.

you ran outside and saw isaac walking away, "isaac? what are you doing?"

it hurt him hearing your voice but he stopped in his tracks, "i have to go."

"why?" you questioned him, you hadn't seen him in a while and now he was simply leaving with no explanation.

"because i heard you on the phone... saying you love stiles." he said, still with his back facing away from you.

suddenly the heavens opened and rain started pouring down all around you, causing your hair to stick to your face and isaac's usually styled hair flattened.

"wh-what? i don't love stiles, i love you, isaac." you ran after him as he started walking away from you.

"we both know you don't, i know you love him so go and be with him instead." isaac said bitterly, turning around to face you, tears forming in his eyes.

"the only person i love is you." you pleaded, confused because you had no idea what you'd done wrong.

"y/n, i heard you on the phone, you can't lie to me." he turned back around and started walking away.

"what? isaac? why would i be in love with stiles, you don't understand. lydia is in love with stiles, not me, you have this all wrong, isaac." you ran to catch up with isaac who continued walking but slowed down slightly.

"but i heard you say 'i love stiles,' on the phone to lydia." isaac said, a tear slid down his cheek, creating a pang in your heart, you hated seeing him upset.

"oh my gosh, isaac. hear me out okay? literally everyone knows they love each other and i said you may as well walk around in an 'i love stiles,' t-shirt from the obvious way they act around each other." you said, all of it was true but isaac didn't seem to believe you.

"oh." isaac simply said.

he stopped in his tracks and turned to look down at you, and he saw in your face that you weren't lying to him, even though the rain was making it hard to see anything.

"i'm sorry, y/n. i didn't listen to the rest of the phone call, i only heard you say that and i jumped to conclusions, can you forgive me?" he broke into tears, running his shaking hands nervously through his hair, "i don't know why i didn't just ask you about it instead of accusing you."

"of course i can forgive you, isaac. i love you and i never want to lose you." you pulled him into a hug and he rested his head on top of yours.

"i love you too, i'm so sorry." he said whilst pulling you closer to him and wrapping you in a hug.

he pulled away from you and cupped his hands around your face and he stared at you for a moment at how beautiful you were even though the rain was pouring down harder, then he kissed you. you wrapped your arms around his warm body as you shivered from the cold but you let yourself get lost in the kiss.

"you're so cold.." isaac said when he pulled away from you, he led you back inside and lit your coal fire and grabbed blankets for the both of you.

for the rest of the night you sat by the fire snuggled in blankets with your arms wrapped around one another.

hope you liked it please vote and comment as your comments are greatly appreciated:)