still here | scott mccall

on the day that stiles stilinski left beacon hills a strange presence was felt all around. he had left to pursue his career in law enforcement and his girlfriend lydia martin had chosen to stay in beacon hills until she graduated.

four months later the town of beacon hills was never the same for the mccall pack. scott was under pressure to be the amazing alpha everyone expected him to be, lydia missed her boyfriend even though she called and texted him everyday.

liam, mason, corey and hayden were doing fine but they still felt the missing presence of their friend and you were just trying to survive as the only human in the pack now.

throughout those four months you had grown close to scott and developed feelings for him, but you knew he would never feel the same for you- you were just an ordinary girl with no powers or strengths and the pack constantly had to look out for you, despite you constantly telling them they didn't have to.

eventually you persuaded scott to train you and this is where you started to become close to him, the half an hour sessions turned into hours and those hours consisted of physical contact and deep conversations where he confided in you.

one day scott was having a particularly rough time and you could see that he wasn't his usual happy-self.

"scott... are you okay? you seem kinda different today." you asked.

"huh? oh... i- well..." he stuttered.

"it's okay if you don't want to tell me, but you know you can tell me anything." you said.

scott sighed, "i just... last night i was thinking about all of the people i've lost or people that have left and i just feel so empty and alone, like ever since i became a werewolf... it's affected too many people. and i was thinking about how i don't want to lose you, i mean... i don't want to lose anyone else..."

"i get it, scott. but you won't lose me, i'm still here and i will always be here." you say quietly as you wrap your arms around him, scott's strong arms wrap around your small body. you rest your face in the crook of his neck as he lets out a sigh.

"you can't promise that y/n, people die or leave and i can't get my hopes up that you won't leave me." he said sadly.

"well, right now, in this very moment, i'm promising you that i will never leave you and although i can't promise much on the other thing... i can try my hardest to stay out of trouble." you tell him.

you feel his body shake slightly, a small laugh escapes from his mouth. he pulls away from the hug and cups his hands on your cheeks, and he kisses your lips slowly and softly.

"oh." you gasp.

"i'm sorry... i just really like you, y/n." he says, a tint of red spreading across his cheeks.

"i really like you too, scott." you say, your heart beat raced as you didn't think he liked you back. he chuckled as his werewolf senses meant he could hear your heart beating faster and faster.

"i do need to tell you something... i do get sad sometimes because i just miss my best friend, he was constantly there and now he's not," scott admits, "but being with you helps ease the pain..."

you smile as he tells you this, "i know, i miss stiles too... you know, we can facetime him later if that would make you feel better." you suggest.

scott smiles as he pulls away from the hug, "i'd love that." the smile on his face warms your heart as it was the first time you'd seen him smile since stiles had left.

idk what this is but hope you enjoyed it😂 i imagine stiles leaving to do a course or something in law enforcement if he does leave.
Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)