stay | stiles stilinski

you'd spent months in and out of hospital, despite your resistance at first— your family, and especially your boyfriend wanted you to go to make you better. you'd already accepted that you weren't going to be around for long yet no one around you would accept it.

multiple doctors and nurses had tried to find a cure but none of them managed to find one or even a way to extend your time.

despite your acceptance, your friends and family kept trying to find a way to save you, especially stiles.

stiles even asked scott to give you the bite but you refused, not wanting to risk the time you had left.

as the months went on you got weaker, and your hospital visits became permanent.

family came and left but the one consistent person besides you was stiles, he'd sit besides you from when melissa allowed him into your room in the morning until he had to leave at night.

laying in a hospital bed all day made you feel useless to your friends and the pack— but you barely had the energy to talk to them anymore yet alone do anything else.

one morning you woke up and there was a feeling inside of you that you couldn't shake— you specifically requested for melissa and asked her to write letters for each member of your family, words you couldn't tell them in person. by the end of the last letter, for stiles, both of you had tear stained cheeks but she tried to stay strong for you.

"do you want me to send stiles in? he's been waiting all morning for you..." she said quietly.

you nodded, giving her a slight smile.

before she left she squeezed your hand tightly, "you are such a brave soul, y/n."

the familiar voice of stiles filled the hallway as melissa opened the door to your room, "can i see her?"

"of course, stiles." melissa said, letting him into your room.

"hey, baby." stiles said as he took the seat besides your bed, his hand reaching for yours as his fingers intertwined with yours.

"hey, stiles." you replied, your voice barely a whisper.

hours passed as he rambled on about something that had happened with the pack, as you listened to his voice you watched him as he talked— his expressions, the way his eyes glistened when he looked at you, the moles that were scattered across his face like constellations. everything that you loved about him.

the sun began to set outside and your body was slowly telling you it was time.

"stiles?"

"yeah?" he asked, squeezing your hand lightly.

"i love you, you know that right?"

his lips formed a slight smile, "of course i do, and i love you too... so much."

"i just want you to..." you stopped, taking a deep breath, "i want you to be happy, stiles."

"y/n... what's all of this about?" he asked as his honey brown eyes searched yours until he inhaled deeply, "oh."

you nodded, staring up at him sadly.

"it's okay, stiles... i'm okay." you reassured him.

a lump formed in his throat as he tried to find words to reply, "y/n..."

"just stay with me, please." you said quietly.

he reached up and moved your hair aside, "of course i will." he said before leaning down slowly and kissing your cheek, he squeezed his eyes closed as tears trickled down his cheeks.

after a long silence you ran your thumb over the back of stiles' hand with the little energy you had, "good night, stiles."

"good night, y/n." he said softly as he watched you close your eyes for the last time.

xo