paris | isaac lahey

Waving goodbye to your friends at the airport, you felt a buzz of excitement run through your veins as you got ready to board your flight to Paris. Scott had told you about their friend who moved to France after Allison died, and said he'd be at the airport to pick you up.

It was the first time you'd left America and you couldn't wait to explore somewhere new.

The flight was long, but luckily you'd downloaded plenty of films to watch and packed plenty of snacks in your backpack.

As soon as the plane landed, you were more than eager to get off of the plane and get your feet on the ground after being in the air for so long.

After passing through customs and grabbing your suitcase you began to walk towards the exit.

A crowd of people surrounded the exit holding signs with their families and friends names on, you scanned the crowd until your eyes landed on a familiar boy— Scott had showed you a picture of him so you knew who to look for.

He held a sign with your name on and his face lit up in a smile when he spotted you, "y/n?"

"Yes! Hi! You must be Isaac?" You asked as you walked over to him, smiling.

"That's me," He smiled, "need any help with your suitcase?"

"Thanks but I'm good." You replied.

He nodded, "great, ready to go?"

"Yeah, I really can't wait to see the city!" You smiled.

"You're in luck that you have an excellent tourist guide." He smirked as you both headed out of the airport to find his car.

He walked over to a black, vintage cadillac and smiled, "your chariot awaits, ma'am." He chuckled as he opened the passenger door for you and placed your bags in the boot.

"Nice car." You said as he got into the drivers seat, winding the roof down.

"Thanks, I spotted it at a car show and knew I had to have it, I love vintage things." He admitted as he began to drive.

You couldn't stop looking around at the city around you as he drove towards his apartment, he'd offered to let you stay with him so you could save money.

He stopped outside of a large building in the streets of Paris, "this is it." He said as he got out and grabbed your bags for you.

"It's so pretty here." You said as you looked around in awe.

"Yeah it is, probably why I've stayed so long." He replied, hauling your bags up to his apartment.

"You know I can carry my own bags, right? You're not the only supernatural creature here." You said, lowering your voice slightly as you mentioned the supernatural.

"I know, just trying to be chivalrous." He said, finally reaching the door to his apartment.

After he showed you to his guest room and you sorted all of your things out, he offered to take you for something to eat.

"You must be hungry, why don't I take you to my favourite place?" He offered.

"I'd love to, I'm starving." You admitted.

As you strolled along the streets of Paris, your eyes widened as the Eiffel Tower came into view, "wow." You gasped.

"I know, nice right?" Isaac chuckled, leading you across the streets towards the tower.

"So, where are we eating?" You asked, looking around.

"Right over there," he pointed to a food truck besides the tower, "they have the best croissants in Paris."

"And you've tried all of the croissants in Paris?" You asked, raising your eyebrows.

"Maybe." He smirked.

Isaac ordered two chocolate croissants and you both took a seat on a bench looking up at the tower.

"Okay, this is a pretty good pastry." You muttered through a mouthful of melted chocolate.

"I told you." He laughed at how adorable you were.

The day followed with Isaac taking you around Paris and pointing out the tourist sights as well as snapping candids of you for you to remember your trip.

"Get in this one with me!" You exclaimed, gesturing for Isaac to join you in a photo by the Louvre.

After taking some photos with him you checked them, "you look so cute!"

"Thanks, but you're cuter." Isaac said as his piercing blue eyes lingered on you for a moment.

As you felt a slight blush spread onto your cheeks, you quickly changed the subject, "So where to next?"

After a day of exploring and eating French delicacies, you headed back to Isaac's apartment. On the way back you walked along the river that ran through Paris, Isaac stopped for a moment and turned to you.

"I know we've only known each other for less than twenty-four hours but I feel like I've known you for so much longer... I've really enjoyed spending the day with you, y/n." He said, looking down at you with those ocean eyes.

"I've enjoyed today too, Isaac. I don't know if it's because Paris is the city of love but I just feel like there's some kind of connection between us..." you said softly.

"Me too..." he trailed off as he reached up slowly, his fingers tracing your jaw before he stopped at your chin, tilting your head slightly before he leaned down and kissed you.

It was soft and passionate, but it ended too soon.

"Sorry—" he began before you stopped him.

"Don't apologise." You said as you stepped onto your tiptoes and kissed him again.

It was safe to say that your stay in Paris would be even more magical than you expected.

***

please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts bc i really appreciate them! <3 xo