different | liam dunbar

Liam had been struggling with his feelings lately, he had fallen in love with his best friend but he was torn between keeping you safe from the supernatural or telling you all about it to stop any secrets or lies between the two of you.

Scott had noticed his change in attitude and decided to pull him to one side at school one day.

Liam was walking down a corridor when he was pulled into an empty classroom.

He immediately tried to fight them until he saw Scott.

"Man, you can do that to me!" Liam whisper-yelled.

"Sorry, Liam. I had to talk to you." Scott said, now leaning against one of the tables.

"What is it?" Liam asked, slightly annoyed.

"Listen, I can sense you're not yourself lately and I want to help. What's wrong?" Scott asked.

Liam sighed, "nothings wrong, Scott."

Then you walked past the classroom, oblivious to the two boys bickering and Liam watched as you walked past.

Scott raised his eyebrows, "ah."

"What?" Liam asked, slightly annoyed.

"Y/n," Scott said, "you like her."

"Of course I like her, she's my best friend." Liam shrugged.

Scott chuckled, "you more than like her, Liam. I can hear your heart practically beating out of your chest."

Liam sighed, "so what if I do like her? She's not like us, Scott. She's different, I can't put her in danger..."

"Is that what you're worried about?" Scott asked softly.

Liam nodded, "if she got involved in our world I'd be constantly worrying about her, even more than I do when she doesn't know. It would never work out."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to regret not being with her... I can't promise we can protect her but we'll try our best, Liam, if that's what you want." Scott said.

Liam shook his head, as much as he had fallen for you he didn't want you to get hurt and that meant not being with you or telling you about the supernatural. He hated the thought of never being able to tell you all the things he'd always wanted to say, but this was what needed to be done.

"You don't have to break off your friendship with her too, man. That'll hurt her." Scott said sadly.

"It won't hurt for long, she'll get over it," despite saying those words he knew neither of you would 'get over it', "if it means keeping her safe I'll do anything."

Scott smiled sympathetically, not sure what to say.

"I have to get to class." Liam said, readjusting his backpack and heading out of the classroom.

"You know you don't have to cut off your friendship with her." Scott said before Liam left.

"I have to, it's the only way to keep her safe. If it means we both have to hurt... then it had to happen. At least she'll still be alive." Liam said, feeling his heart break a little inside when he said it.

The pain would be nothing like seeing your face when he told you that he couldn't be your friend anymore, he couldn't give you an explanation- he only said it was for the best.

From that moment on you would see him staring at you from across the hallway whilst he hung out with his friends, Scott and Stiles.

You never got a reason why your best friend left you.

You didn't even get the chance to tell him how you really felt.

Strange things happened in Beacon Hills, but this was one you never got the answer to.

idk this is 'different' than my usual imagines where they get together or something