caught | nolan holloway

Being Liam Dunbar's sister was pretty good for the most part, no one dared to say anything about you for fear that Liam would hear. Ever since the whole school became aware of werewolves and the supernatural they knew not to mess with their friends or family as they were scared of being hurt.

That used to be the case with Nolan Holloway. He was terrified of the supernatural and the unknown.

He knew that you were human like him, but he also knew your brother was a werewolf who'd tear him apart if he ever went near his sister.

Nolan knew he'd never have a chance with someone like you, until one day you began to talk to him as he sat in the library by himself.

This was the plan, of course, Scott had overheard Nolan's heartbeat whenever you were around and decided that you'd be the perfect person to try and get information from him.

Liam was not happy about the plan at all, but he had no say since you'd already agreed to it.

The day after the plan had been decided you found Nolan in the library.

"Hey, Nolan." You smiled as you sat down opposite him on one of the tables.

He looked up at you, startled, "uh, hi."

"I'm y/n."

"I know." He said, looking down at his book.

"Oh," you said quietly, wondering if this would be harder than you thought, "so what are you studying for?"

"Literature," He said, seemingly wanting to end the conversation, then he looked up at your expectant face, "what about you?"

"Me too! I love literature." You replied.

His face seemed to light up, "you do?"

You nodded, it was true- it was your favourite subject, "yeah, I love books so this was perfect for me."

Nolan observed you carefully, then smiled as if he'd decided something, "that's cool, what's your favourite book?"

And so, for the rest of that period Nolan and yourself talked about books and literature in the corner of the library as if you'd been friends for a long time.

You made plans to meet again in the library to study together and this happened every day for the next month as you both grew closer and found shared interests. In the back of your mind you knew you had to bring up something about Monroe so that you could tell Liam and the pack, but deep down you didn't want to ruin your friendship with Nolan.

One night there was a huge lacrosse game happening, so Nolan seemed extremely nervous. You wondered if it was something else too, apart from the game.

"What's wrong, Nolan?" You asked as you noticed him tapping his fingers irritably against the table.

He looked at you with his bright blue eyes, "nothing... uh, it's just the game tonight- I always get nervous before them."

You nodded, "I'll be there, in the crowd I mean."

His lips curved into a smile, "really? That's great... I'll look for you in the crowd."