leaving | stiles stilinski

"is that everything?" stiles asks as he throws the last suitcase into the back of his jeep.

you nod sadly, but you know that you haven't got everything because you're leaving your best friends, scott, lydia and malia behind.

as you sit in the jeep waiting for stiles to duct tape the engine again his phone rings and he hits his head on the bonnet as he jumps up. he wipes his greasy hands on his jeans and takes his phone from his jeans pockets, "hello? scott, calm down! you found a what in the woods?!" he yelled.

suddenly he slammed the car bonnet down and ran to the drivers side, jumping into his seat, putting his key into the ignition.

"they need us, y/n!" he says exasperatedly.

"hurry up, then!" you say, sitting up impatiently, you knew you couldn't leave beacon hills.

stiles slammed on the brake as he pulled up outside of the beacon hills reserve, he scrambled out of the door and ran quickly into the depth of the forest. you ran after him, your breathing became haggard, you hadn't ran for a while. usually you were running from danger but this time you were possibly running towards it. great, you thought.

stiles stopped in front of three other people, "scott, where's the body?"

"there is no body..." scott smiled.

"wh-what?" stiles stuttered, "i just sped here, risking a fine and you say there's no body?!" he yelled.

"well, your dads the sheriff so i doubt he'd fine you, second, we wanted to say goodbye in our own way." lydia said, stepping close to scott.

"what are you talking about?" stiles asked, slightly agitated.

"we'll miss you a hell of a lot, stiles and y/n, so..." malia glanced at scott for the big reveal.

"we know you have a long drive ahead of you and you need a new engine for your jeep that you can't afford..." they all stepped to the side and revealed a large box.

stiles furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "what-" he stepped forward and opened the box, revealing a large, black engine.

"guys..." stiles trailed off shaking his head.

"we didn't want you breaking down on the way there... and we kinda want you to be able to drive back to see us without a problem either." lydia smiled.

"remind we why we're in the woods again?" you asked, shivering from the cold.

"here." stiles said, shrugging off his jacket and giving it to you, he turned to scott and nodded.

"because we started with finding a body in the woods, and i know this isn't the end... but we thought it was appropriate." scott smiled and then stepped towards stiles, engulfing him in a hug.

"i'll miss you so much, scott." stiles muttered.

"i'll miss you, too." scott squeezed stiles tightly, not wanting to let his friend go.

once they finally pulled apart lydia and malia hugged him in turn, and then stiles turned to you.

"i guess it's finally time to go, y/n." he smiled sadly.

you nodded, but you hugged all of your friends before leaving.

scott muttered something in your ear and you smiled at the thought, stiles noticed but didn't say anything.

"i'll miss you guys so much." you whispered as you pulled lydia and malia into a group hug.

"we'll miss you too." they said as they wrapped their arms around you.

***

once you were sat back in the jeep after scott and stiles had fitted the new engine stiles reached over and placed his hand on your thigh.

"ready?" he asked, looking over at you with his dark, brown eyes.

"yes." you nodded, you saw your friends in the rearview mirror as you drove away, they stood and waved.

stiles kept his hand on your thigh, "so, what did scott say to you?"

you smiled, laughing quietly, "just to be prepared for more adventures with you, just because we're leaving beacon hills it doesn't mean that we can stop having adventures."

stiles chuckled, "oh i'm very aware we will never stop having adventures, y/n."

enjoy :)