i can defend myself | malia tate

it was a constant struggle to let malia agree to you going with her to fight the supernatural, she never wanted you to go because she didn't want you to get hurt- at least that's what she told you. she thought that because you were human you couldn't defend yourself and if she lost you it would be the worst thing to ever happen to her.

one night malia left you to go and fight the supernatural and you decided to follow behind her secretly. when you arrived at the clearing in the woods that malia said she was meeting the pack in they were nowhere to be seen.

you thought it was strange since this is where you overheard them saying they'd meet over the phone.

after looking around for a while you decided to head home, you must've heard them wrong.

suddenly you heard rustling coming from behind you and something ran past you, within seconds you felt a searing pain down your arm.

you looked down and saw blood pouring from a long cut as if someone had sliced through your arm.

you hurriedly ran towards your car and drove home in agony, not caring about the blood in your car.

when you finally got home you rushed into the kitchen and grabbed all of your first aid supplies, firstly grabbing a towel and wiping the blood away.

through the pain you tried to stitch it up as best as you could, and afterwards you took some pain killers to numb the pain.

not only were you worried about what malia would say but now you were worried about whatever attacked you in the woods and whether they'd hurt your friends.

you quickly took out your phone ready to text your girlfriend but the door to your home burst open and malia looked around frantically, "y/n! you're okay!" she exclaimed, running towards you and wrapping you in a hug.

"of course i am, why wouldn't i be?" you asked, trying to hide your arm.

"when i got back i smelled blood and there was a trail from your car..." she looked down and saw the haphazard stitching in your arm, "y/n, what did you do?!"

you sighed, "malia, i-"

she shook her head, "see this is what happens when you do what i tell you not to do." she said as she ran her hand gently over the cut.

"i just wanted to show you that i could protect myself." you said quietly.

she frowned, "well, look where that got you."

"i know," you sighed, after a moment you spoke again, "well, say it."

"say what?" she smiles knowingly.

"i told you so." you say through gritted teeth.

"i don't need to tell you, you already know,"she smirks, "now let me fix this stitching before you end up with an even worse reminder not to listen to me."